Ruddy Duck Decoys

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Ruddy Duck Decoys

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:17 am

Are there any companies (other than carvers) that make these? I can't find them anywhere. It's not that I want to shoot ruddy ducks, but I have always seen ducks here on the lake intermingled with big rafts of coots and ruddies.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Re: Ruddy Duck Decoys

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 am

Even if someone does make ruddy decoys, coots would surely offer more bang for the buck from a visibility standpoint.
Rick

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:20 am

Rick wrote:Even if someone does make ruddy decoys, coots would surely offer more bang for the buck from a visibility standpoint.

I've got coot decoys, I just want to try to make it more realistic by adding variety. I guess the ducks won't know until it's too late anyhow, though.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:01 am

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Rick wrote:Even if someone does make ruddy decoys, coots would surely offer more bang for the buck from a visibility standpoint.

I've got coot decoys, I just want to try to make it more realistic by adding variety. I guess the ducks won't know until it's too late anyhow, though.

Clear lake holds a shitload of Ruddy ducks from what I've seen but maybe try some blue bills. Seems like they raft up out there too.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:

Clear lake holds a shitload of Ruddy ducks from what I've seen but maybe try some blue bills. Seems like they raft up out there too.

I've got bluebills and canvasbacks, I'm just trying to improve my spread even more (and no, it's not my dad that has canvasbacks and bluebills, it is me)
ducks~n~bucks

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:17 am

Game winner decoys from academy are really small. You could probly buy some of them which they're pretty cheap, and just paint them as ruddies. They do have shit ass water keels though.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Redbeard » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:42 am

x2
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby RonE » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:01 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Are there any companies (other than carvers) that make these? I can't find them anywhere. It's not that I want to shoot ruddy ducks, but I have always seen ducks here on the lake intermingled with big rafts of coots and ruddies.

Quit trying to re-invent the wheel.........There is a reason why you can't buy ruddy duck decoys.............Nobody wants them in sufficient numbers to justify making them.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jehler » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:47 am

Just paint up some of your dad's cans or blue bills
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:52 am

jehler wrote:Just paint up some of your dad's cans or blue bills

:lol:
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby firstflight » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Use hen teal .
firstflight

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum