Camo netting...

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Re: Camo netting...

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Flightstopper wrote:How much boat does 15 lbs cover?

A 21 foot boat really good with stuff left over .
2 pounds will do a big layout blind .
firstflight

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Duckdog wrote:How much does 15 pounds cost?

You have to call to get a price it changes .
firstflight

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:53 pm

firstflight wrote:

Damn...
I might just go buy a couple bundles at hobby lobby.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:01 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Damn...
I might just go buy a couple bundles at hobby lobby.

There rafia grass is short .
Thats why I get the tanglefree blind grass most of it if 5 feet long .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:39 pm

firstflight wrote:

I guess your "really good" and my "really good" are different. I have about the smallest layout blind they make and I put 2lbs on it. I want 2 more.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:51 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

I guess your "really good" and my "really good" are different. I have about the smallest layout blind they make and I put 2lbs on it. I want 2 more.

What blind do you have ?

I run power hunters .believe me I am anal about my blinds .I am getting 5 pounds of tanglefree grass should be here tomorrow. I will post up on the progress from start to finish when I get it .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

What blind do you have ?

I run power hunters .believe me I am anal about my blinds .I am getting 5 pounds of tanglefree grass should be here tomorrow. I will post up on the progress from start to finish when I get it .

Goosebuster LP.
About the same as a power hunter size wise.
I did mine and it looked good in my yard when it was all nice and fresh. But after a couple hunts it had a lot of bare spots that I had to really cover up in the field.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411337046.205774.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

What blind do you have ?

Goosebuster LP.
I did mine and it looked good in my yard when it was all nice and fresh. But after a couple hunts it had a lot of bare spots that I had to really cover up in the field.

Yeah that not even close in size to a power hunter .

I hand tie each individual piece on, over the whole blind

If you just stuff it in you will loose it fast , zip tie small bundles . Then stuff your blind it will stay better .but I take the time for each piece .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:00 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="Flightstopper"]How much boat does 15 lbs cover?

What blind do you have ?

Goosebuster LP.

If you just stuff it in you will loose it fast , zip tie small bundles . Then stuff your blind it will stay better .but I take the time for each piece .[/quote]
One guy we hunt with uses a power hunter. They are almost the same size as mine. I lined it all up and ziptied small bundles on. Just didn't cover the back too well or the doors because they keep moving and I can't keep the raffia where I want it.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:12 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="Flightstopper"]How much boat does 15 lbs cover?

What blind do you have ?

Goosebuster LP.

If you just stuff it in you will loose it fast , zip tie small bundles . Then stuff your blind it will stay better .but I take the time for each piece .[/quote]
One guy we hunt with uses a power hunter. They are almost the same size as mine. I lined it all up and ziptied small bundles on. Just didn't cover the back too well or the doors because they keep moving and I can't keep the raffia where I want it.[/quote]
Zip ties are your friend , you can zip tie some on that mesh on the doors .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:13 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="Flightstopper"]How much boat does 15 lbs cover?

What blind do you have ?

Goosebuster LP.

One guy we hunt with uses a power hunter. They are almost the same size as mine. I lined it all up and ziptied small bundles on. Just didn't cover the back too well or the doors because they keep moving and I can't keep the raffia where I want it.[/quote]
Zip ties are your friend , you can zip tie some on that mesh on the doors .[/quote]
Yup. Just need more grass. Not worrying about it this year though. Won't get much use until sept 1 next year now.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:22 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="firstflight"][quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="firstflight"][quote="Flightstopper"]How much boat does 15 lbs cover?

What blind do you have ?

Goosebuster LP.

Zip ties are your friend , you can zip tie some on that mesh on the doors .[/quote]
Yup. Just need more grass. Not worrying about it this year though. Won't get much use until sept 1 next year now.[/quote]
What with that you only hunt 2 weeks a year ????
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Mostly just for the early goose. Then I focus on ducks out if the boat on big water after that. Might have a field or shoreline hunt here or there where I'll use it, but not too often.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Mostly just for the early goose. Then I focus on ducks out if the boat on big water after that. Might have a field or shoreline hunt here or there where I'll use it, but not too often.

Nothing better then field hunting ducks .
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:Mostly just for the early goose. Then I focus on ducks out if the boat on big water after that. Might have a field or shoreline hunt here or there where I'll use it, but not too often.

Not much of that around here. I'm gonna keep my eyes open when I'm driving around, but it would take way to many miles to find a field with huntable numbers through the regular season.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:23 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Not much of that around here. I'm gonna keep my eyes open when I'm driving around, but it would take way to many miles to find a field with huntable numbers through the regular season.

Your in what state ? And where at ?
firstflight

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 pm

firstflight wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
firstflight wrote:

Your in what state ? And where at ?

Michigan on the saginaw bay
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

November there are fields that the ducks use, but not many. And permission is tough when it's deer season.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firstflight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:51 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:November there are fields that the ducks use, but not many. And permission is tough when it's deer season.

Yeah you have a lot more ducks then we do down here . we water hunt just from the bank off of buckets or layout blinds .

I gave up the boat hunting years ago to much fighting , and bullshit just to kill some ducks . Where I am at now I have the run of 5 county's when it gets cold or deer starts .
I can kill my Mallards somewhere close by just about any day on private land, no more public land for me .
firstflight

Previous

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum