Swamp seat idea

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Swamp seat idea

Postby Lamboicon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm

To start off I enjoy making my own stuff and not spending money. So I am trying to come up with a way to make a swamp seat. I was thinking 2x6 drill a hole through the middle then run a piece of 3/4 conduit down. I can't come up with an idea for the flare at the end. Any ideas

C.lambo
Lamboicon

Re: Swamp seat idea

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Don't run the hole all the way through. Go halfway, and put a screw-in flange at the top, on the underside of the 2x6. Or just take a piece of 2x4, drill all the way through that, then screw that small piece to the bottom of the bigger 2x6 seat. If it was me, I'd use a scrap of 3/4 plywood for the seat, though, since it'll be a little more comfortable, and lighter, too. Drill a hole in the side of the 2x4, put in a hammer-in threaded bushing, and use a wing nut to tighten the conduit in there.
assateague

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:39 pm

I would go with something heavier than the conduit. Maybe some thin wall square tubing.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby huntntech » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:01 pm

I've been thinking about making one of these as well. I will probably weld up a stand from some scrap steel I have laying Around. I just need to come up with something for the seat. I may do it this weekend, if so ill post up how I done it.
huntntech

Postby Lamboicon » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:28 am

Good ideas I will have to modify my idea some

C.lambo
Lamboicon

Postby Gr8white » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

PVC pipe with a toilet flange on top... Screw 2x6 to the flange and you've got a seat. You could get creative and get two different sized pipe for the stake so it would slide up and down inside itself. Drill some holes and get a c pin now it's adjustable...
Gr8white

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum