Cabela's Northern Flight Ultimate Layout Blind

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Cabela's Northern Flight Ultimate Layout Blind

Postby Olly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Who uses this one? It's the one you can lay in 10" of water, sersiouly thinking about dropping the change on it today. If you use it what are your thoughts, $250 is a lot of money and I wanna hear good things before I pull the trigger.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/ ... RRWidgetID
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Cabela's Northern Flight Ultimate Layout Blind

Postby jehler » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Holy chit that's a lot of dough!

We have gander mountain layout blinds that are copies of the finisher. It's alright but honestly, even ifbitvwas waterproof I can't imagine trying to set up and use it in any water, I think it would be a goatfark

We'll be up on to hunt on the 25th, jenfinger is welcome to come along.
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 pm

jehler wrote:Holy chit that's a lot of dough!

We have gander mountain layout blinds that are copies of the finisher. It's alright but honestly, even ifbitvwas waterproof I can't imagine trying to set up and use it in any water, I think it would be a goatfark

I don't really believe that it could do up to 10" of water that would be a mess. I think the PVC bottom will be worth it, plus being 6"5'' I'm having a hard time finding a blind as long as this one.

I'll ask him if he'll be in town this afternoon. I'll be putting in to take that day off work this week.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Olly, I know its not waterproof, but we hunted out of the "Big" Sean Hammock Tanglefree blind up in Canada and at 6'4" I was impressed with how much room I had inside this blind.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tanglefree-Big-Sean-Hammocks-Dead-Zone-Layout-blind-TA-B7003-/380471541674
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:Holy chit that's a lot of dough!

I don't really believe that it could do up to 10" of water that would be a mess. I think the PVC bottom will be worth it, plus being 6"5'' I'm having a hard time finding a blind as long as this one.

I'll ask him if he'll be in town this afternoon. I'll be putting in to take that day off work this week.

Use some of this to water proof it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349893057.921787.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum