Wader Storage

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Wader Storage

Postby team216 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:19 am

So guys, I'm moving out of the parents house in about a month. The house I'm buying doesn't have a basement. So aside from the guns all my hunting stuff is going to live in the garage. I live in Illinois so we get some pretty cold winters.
I always hang my waders after the hunt. But with them being in the garage (I plan on insulating it and heating it once we get the inside stuff done) do I need to treat them with anything to keep the neoprene from drying out?
team216

Re: Wader Storage

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:57 pm

My waders hang in an unheated shed year round. Dad had the same pair for 20+ years that he did the same thing with. Never had a problem with em not being good the next year.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

No. You don't need to treat them.

About simply hanging them in the garage until next season. One day the club burned a whole lot of waders that were left like that year to year because mice had moved into them.

I clean and dry mine then put them into a plastic bag and store them in one of them rubbemaid storage totes. Feel like it protects the rubber in the boots from ozone and the cracking it causes.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby don novicki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Thanks for the tip Auntie. Mine are just out in the garage covered up. I'm going to do the same with mine from now on.
don novicki

Postby team216 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:19 am

I must have missed your reply AB, but thank you for the piece of mind. I'll probably do the Rubbermaid container during the 7 days breaks between hunts (work).
Now I'm trying to get the garage laid out to where I can have easy access to everything. I would have alot more room if I put the boat in the driveway. But with the driveway being in the alley. I'm a little nervous that I come out one morning and the outboard would be gone. Can't trust anyone these days.
team216

Postby Rick » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 am

Don't be so mistrustful. They often just take the stainless prop.
Rick

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

I put mine in the top shelf of my closet. They are out of the way and safe. I know right where to look. Have hunting stuff stored all over the place. Mainly in the HUGE 50x40 shed I have. It's like a warehouse. It's butt ugly on the outside but nice inside.
:)
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum