Repairing wader boots?

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

Repairing wader boots?

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

This morning I put a small gash in my wader boot, I've used Aqua seal to fix the neoprene before but never the boots. I'm thinking a bicycle tire repair patch. Any other good ways of repairing it?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Re: Repairing wader boots?

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Shoe Goo
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm

silicone or better yet if you can get it is the black urethane used to hold windshields in.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm

assateague

Postby capt1972 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:05 pm

assateague wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm

That only works on boats with screen doors.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Cut out the gash, and put a piece of screen over the hole. Then you can fix it with this. It will probably be breathable, too.
assateague

Postby MuddyWaterWarlock » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:26 pm

Olley, if it is in the rubber part of the boot, use the tire patch or go to a tire shop and have them patch it. Buff it good, clean with alcohol, put on rubber cement, let dry, install patch and roll well with a backer. Don't use shoe goo or aquaseal on the rubber part of the boot. Use aquaseal on the neoprene portion of your waders.
Spoken to MuddyWaterWarlock
aunt betty wrote:This is personal. You are a douchebag.
Hey douche, when a seeds sprouts roots...what is it called?

Spoken to 3Leg
aunt betty wrote:You are one of them dipshits who wants to tell me how to build a clock cuz I asked for the correct time.
Fuck you dipshit.
MuddyWaterWarlock

Postby broccoli » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:49 pm

MuddyWaterWarlock wrote:Olley, if it is in the rubber part of the boot, use the tire patch or go to a tire shop and have them patch it. Buff it good, clean with alcohol, put on rubber cement, let dry, install patch and roll well with a backer. Don't use shoe goo or aquaseal on the rubber part of the boot. Use aquaseal on the neoprene portion of your waders.

I agree with this my step dad did this with 2 pairs of his waders and they charged like $10
broccoli

Postby gtlegs » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Last year I tore a boot on a brand new pair. I patched them with an inner tube patch kit from Dick's Sporting Goods. Had to redo the patch twice through the season, but I hunt a lot. This year I ordered some SG-20. I cleaned off all the old patch with acetone and applied the SG-20, and so far it seems great. One tube had enough to patch a 4" gash in that pair, and a few small spots in the neoprene of an older pair. I am pretty impressed with this stuff so far, its flexible, but seems like it has bonded really well.
gtlegs

Postby grizz18 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 am

Marine 5200.
grizz18

Postby BrewGUN » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 am

I caught all sorts of flack for this one. I put a good sized hole in my wader boot helping jehler with his aunts stupid sailboat (8' construction spikes are not clevis pins), I bought a stainless phlilips head bolt about 3/4", small washer, and a large fender washer and a nylock nut.i put the small washer on the bolt and put that through the hole from inside out, siliconed all around the bolt and as much as i could get in the hole, put the fender washer and nut on and tightened until nice and snug. I used those wader for three years and it finally started leaking a tiny bit last year, but by then they had other leaks, so i coughed up the $$ for another pair. Did it look rediculous? Yes, but it worked lol!
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby jehler » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:43 am

Olly wrote:That only works on boats with screen doors.

Believe it or not that chit was what was keeping the barge topside last weekend ;)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Goldfish » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 pm

jehler wrote:

Believe it or not that chit was what was keeping the barge topside last weekend ;)

He tells you now, lol
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 pm

jehler wrote:

Send J down with welding leads and seal that thing for good. Get him a good commercial grade garden hose to breath through to be safe
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:18 pm

I repaired them with a combination of Aqua Seal and a bike tire patch.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:19 pm

cgun wrote:I caught all sorts of flack for this one. I put a good sized hole in my wader boot helping jehler with his aunts stupid sailboat (8' construction spikes are not clevis pins), I bought a stainless phlilips head bolt about 3/4", small washer, and a large fender washer and a nylock nut.i put the small washer on the bolt and put that through the hole from inside out, siliconed all around the bolt and as much as i could get in the hole, put the fender washer and nut on and tightened until nice and snug. I used those wader for three years and it finally started leaking a tiny bit last year, but by then they had other leaks, so i coughed up the $$ for another pair. Did it look rediculous? Yes, but it worked lol!

honest to god his wader boots looked like Herman monsters neck
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
jehler wrote:

Send J down with welding leads and seal that thing for good. Get him a good commercial grade garden hose to breath through to be safe

I saw Shelby do it on Swamp Loggers. It looks easy.
assateague

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum