What's the bucket for?

Duck hunting gear reviews and questions.

What's the bucket for?

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:56 am

It should be obvious but it's not.
This is how ice fishermen do it.
I've hunted with guys that'd rather go find a tree then wipe themselves with poison ivy.
For real.
Another guy would take a 12 mile drive to find a gas station.
If you even think you'd like to hunt with me and camp you might want to think this out in advance. BYOB or admit that you're too good. This aint no holiday Inn.
That 12 mile drive is mostly over a gravel road that's been beaten to hell.
Burn the bucket when departing.
16808682565266312546470778646024.jpg
at Rainy Brake it's quite a drive to Lynn.
Dave Donaldson you can end up who knows where camping at a boat ramp.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Ricky Spanish

Re: What's the bucket for?

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:01 am

Beware of this plant it'll ruin your weekend.
20210912_103854.jpg

Some guy got into it.
Hehe.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Anotherone » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:04 am

No, don’t burn it, press the lid on tight and lay it in that gravel road. It won’t be long before some lying POS duck hunter comes riding along and says, “ Oooh look, a bucket done fell out of some SOB’s boat, mine now!” Surprise!!!
Anotherone

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:11 am

Anotherone wrote:No, don’t burn it, press the lid on tight and lay it in that gravel road. It won’t be long before some lying POS duck hunter comes riding along and says, “ Oooh look, a bucket done fell out of some SOB’s boat, mine now!” Surprise!!!
No. I hunt with them guys. Took me 10 years to break the ice.
Once I got searched and the gw had his hand on it.
I said, "that's a biohazard but if you insist....look inside but I'm telling you it's human waste".
He decided to search something else. :lol:
And watch out for the wild parsnips.
It'll mess you up.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:40 am

Always fun when you get to a blind in the middle of floating marsh and one of your guys asks "Where's a good place to take a dump?" Obvious answer is "At the camp." And you really want to drop them off on the flotant, so they can sink with their britches down.

But the practical choices are "With your ass hanging off the side of the boat." or, after listening to another guide's description of how horribly badly that went when one of his guys didn't get it over the side, "In the boat bucket. And be sure to put water in it first, so it's a flush bucket. Paper towels are under the seat."

God bless the boat bucket and damn the SOB that "borrows" it to bail something and doesn't bring it back.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:44 am

Rick wrote:Always fun when you get to a blind in the middle of floating marsh and one of your guys asks "Where's a good place to take a dump?" Obvious answer is "At the camp." And you really want to drop them off on the flotant, so they can sink with their britches down.

But the practical choices are "With your ass hanging off the side of the boat." or, after listening to another guide's description of how horribly badly that went when one of his guys didn't get it over the side, "In the boat bucket. And be sure to put water in it first, so it's a flush bucket. Paper towels are under the seat."

God bless the boat bucket and damn the SOB that "borrows" it to bail something and doesn't bring it back.

If you study my blind you can raise the curtain and hang your ass over the side and not be exposed.
It's a cold seat but it's possible to kill ducks with your pants down. :lol:

Get out to pee and it's pretty much guaranteed that mallards will show up and bust you. That's what the tea bottle is for. :lol:
Ask feelin fowl aka state farm about that.
Oh my dog millet will relieve himself on the bow of the boat when we're surrounded by water.
Shit happens... :lol:
He might outgrow that I hope.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:33 am

Am certain it's in my log, but I had two guys pee on their boots in the blind due to taking the cap off and pissing down the pour spout of the open-bottomed detergent bottle bail scoop we use to pour pee into open water away from the blind's cover - the second while I was telling he and his buddy about the first. Have since permanently sealed the cap.
Rick

Postby PorkChop » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:54 pm

I don’t have these problems hunting in the fields and potholes. I do have a bucket with a toilet seat on it though. Mostly for the girls as squatting and peeing in the North Dakota wind doesn’t work out very well for them.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:02 pm

PorkChop wrote:I don’t have these problems hunting in the fields and potholes. I do have a bucket with a toilet seat on it though. Mostly for the girls as squatting and peeing in the North Dakota wind doesn’t work out very well for them.

I sleep in my truck. Couch cushions in the back with a zero degree bag and a wool blanket.

Have to roll out into the icy coldness, slip into the tent, fire up a buddy heater, and yeah that's enough.
And if it's raining...
Smh.
Boondocking to be close to the ducks has it's challenges.
The heated outhouse isn't that bad but it ain't no holiday inn
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:10 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:
PorkChop wrote:I don’t have these problems hunting in the fields and potholes. I do have a bucket with a toilet seat on it though. Mostly for the girls as squatting and peeing in the North Dakota wind doesn’t work out very well for them.

I sleep in my truck. Couch cushions in the back with a zero degree bag and a wool blanket.

Have to roll out into the icy coldness, slip into the tent, fire up a buddy heater, and yeah that's enough.
And if it's raining...
Smh.

As long as I have my baby wipes I will drop a log and fertilize the field anywhere. I do not believe in superstitions however I don’t usually fertilize the field I’m hunting in. I think the birds smell it!
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:23 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:

And if it's raining...
Smh.

As long as I have my baby wipes I will drop a log and fertilize the field anywhere. I do not believe in superstitions however I don’t usually fertilize the field I’m hunting in. I think the birds smell it!

I know this guy that'll get especially weird about that. It ain't me ill find a log and make a little log but Fred, we're going to call him Fred, will sniff out the terd and get your white flag on a stick and wave it around at you.
Fred ...is a dick. Corporal Dick I think
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:03 am

PorkChop wrote:Mostly for the girls as squatting and peeing in the North Dakota wind doesn’t work out very well for them.

Long had twice a year (September teal and regular season) regulars from Southern Companies, a conglomerate consisting Georgia Power, Mississippi Power, Alabama Power, one in Florida called something else I've forgotten and a transmission company, each with their own President but controlled by a single President and CEO. All great guys.

Had that biggest dog and three others in a flooded rice blind one morning when someone had to pee, and as is the case when the situation allows, I suggested we all get out and get it over with at once. Wind was howling, so we all lined up on the levee with our backs to it, except the big boss.

So I said, "Allan, you're fixing to pee into a mighty stiff breeze." And before he could respond, the fellow who ran Mississippi Power did with, "He can do that, he's the President."
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:08 am

At Rainy Brake there's a hole marked by a bucket hanging in a tree. It's not mine.
The bucket hole is well-known but the cypress hole is better if you can find it.

That's south line info.
Ask for a link and die
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:03 am

Rick wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Mostly for the girls as squatting and peeing in the North Dakota wind doesn’t work out very well for them.

Long had twice a year (September teal and regular season) regulars from Southern Companies, a conglomerate consisting Georgia Power, Mississippi Power, Alabama Power, one in Florida called something else I've forgotten and a transmission company, each with their own President but controlled by a single President and CEO. All great guys.

Had that biggest dog and three others in a flooded rice blind one morning when someone had to pee, and as is the case when the situation allows, I suggested we all get out and get it over with at once. Wind was howling, so we all lined up on the levee with our backs to it, except the big boss.

So I said, "Allan, you're fixing to pee into a mighty stiff breeze." And before he could respond, the fellow who ran Mississippi Power did with, "He can do that, he's the President."

Good one. It's recycled but I like it. :thumbsup:
:lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:10 am

Given where it took place, it could well have been over twenty years old, so Lord knows how many times I've retold it.
Rick

Postby Bud » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:30 pm

We were on one of our first charters, and man was I embarrassed. Had to go and there was no way out of it. Never having used a bucket before, Captain said, "Well, Bud: use a bucket." Thought about it 30 seconds and said to him, "I know you're the Captain, but that sounds gross." "Well, you do know to put water in it first?" Humiliated, I relieved myself. :oops:

I was a bucket rookie. He could have said put some water in a bucket and use that, but I had to learn the hard way.
All in a day's work.
Bud

Postby Rick » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:49 am

For some reason the reemergence of this thread reminded me of DComeaux's fancy boy throne on a piece he and his buddy leased from us:
CIMG1860a.jpg
Rick

Return to Duck Hunting Gear Forum