Preseason

Re: Preseason

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Driving around this morning, there was a whole lot more open water than I was expecting.
SpinnerMan

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:00 pm

Wind must have kept it open
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Duck Engr wrote:Wind must have kept it open

:thumbsup:

The lows were 13, 7, and 10 with the high for the last 3 days 35, 18, and 27. Given that we had made a lot of ice a few days earlier with my buddy having to break quite a bit of ice Sunday morning to get through a protected area to retrieve a couple geese we dumped in a pond behind us. The water temps were already down to freezing. I was pretty sure with those arctic temps for well over 2 full days would freeze everything.

The wind must have just blown nonstop because any period of calm was going to freeze everything very fast under those conditions. Most things are froze, but there is still a lot of open water. I was surprised to see any at all. With temps getting up into the upper 30's and low 40's for awhile and lows just below freezing, places with open water will open up more. Places locked up probably won't open up that much. This usually means terrible hunting for me, but since hunting has been terrible the whole season, maybe this will be the trick :lol:
SpinnerMan

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Haha you’re still paying the price for that other worldly early goose season!
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Duck Engr wrote:Haha you’re still paying the price for that other worldly early goose season!

:lol:

I am having a bit of deja vu from last year. Last year I had a really good start, but not insane like this year. Then only got one goose in November and none in December or January which are typically the best months. Even our diver trip was slow. This year I only got one goose in October and one so far in November :shock: Our diver trip is coming up right after Thanksgiving. You're making me nervous :lol:
SpinnerMan

Previous

Return to DComeaux 2019-2020