SpinnerMan 2020-2021 Summary

SpinnerMan 2020-2021 Summary

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:55 pm

I hunted a lot this year. Mostly for things other than waterfowl. As of right now I've been out 72 times. I hope I never have to return to the office or have to travel for work. By far the most times out.

The year was very interesting although my harvest doesn't really reflect that.

Species - My harvest / Total group harvest including my harvest
Canada Geese - 16/21
Bufflehead - 2/6
Goldeneye - 0/1
Old Squaw - 2/5
White-winged scoter - 0/1

No bands, no new species, no DIY ducks, no deer, no turkey. Only other things I got were a couple squirrels and a pheasant.

However, I saw a lot of turkeys and got my first shooting at turkeys this year. Really looking forward to that next season. While I saw few deer while hunting, I saw an amazing number of bucks on my trail cam include many really nice buck including a couple monsters. I am so looking forward to next year. Me and my buddy have been planning for it since the season ended.

I got all my ducks on my 3 day diver trip. Other than that, I was DNS on ducks for the entire season. Granted, I did not hunt a lot for ducks, but enough that DNS makes it hard to think about duck hunting next year.

I got all of my geese in the first two weeks of early goose season and the last week of the season. Long drought in the middle.

While I didn't get any geese on my last outing, I did end on a nice note. I took full advantage of the limited opportunities I had the last week. Ended 6 for 6 including a triple and a double.
SpinnerMan

Return to SpinnnerMan 2020-2021