The "poor" man's boat thread

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: The "poor" man's boat thread

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:26 am

jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I'm selling my big lake boat.

Can't afford it

And and airplane!!
for real? What good is an airplane if you never get to tell people your flying up to the harbor your boats at?

Saying "I sold the boat to get an airplane" sounds better than "I've got my kids this weekend"
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 am

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
jehler wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:I'm selling my big lake boat.

Can't afford it

And and airplane!!
for real? What good is an airplane if you never get to tell people your flying up to the harbor your boats at?

Saying "I sold the boat to get an airplane" sounds better than "I've got my kids this weekend"
just lol'ed for real
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 am

Big fishing boats are a tough pill to swallow anyway, especially in MI
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 am

I enjoy the boat, but I have lots of friends with boats. The guy buying mine has been fishing with me for a couple years anyway-so being able to fish won't be an issue.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Re: The

Postby Tomkat » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 am

jehler wrote:Big fishing boats are a tough pill to swallow anyway, especially in MI

What is an AVERAGE price in MI for an AVERAGE fishing boat Jehler?
Tomkat

Postby jehler » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 am

There is no average fishing boat in mi TK, we got everything from rivers to float tube in to big water cruisers
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Tomkat wrote:
jehler wrote:Big fishing boats are a tough pill to swallow anyway, especially in MI

A 20 foot v bottom boat will give you the most options around here IMO. It will get you out into the great lakes but not overly huge to fish out of in the bigger rivers and inland lakes. But you really need 2-3 boats to be able to fish all the different types of lakes and rivers.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby insaneduck » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:26 pm

14 42 is average here lol im well below that at 14 32
insaneduck

Postby JGUN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:23 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

A 20 foot v bottom boat will give you the most options around here IMO. It will get you out into the great lakes but not overly huge to fish out of in the bigger rivers and inland lakes. But you really need 2-3 boats to be able to fish all the different types of lakes and rivers.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app

At least that many boats. I lost count of how many we have. :lol:
JGUN

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 am

My boat is a poor man's boat, It's a old bass tracker that I gutted and I'm the 5th owner of the go devil with who knows how many hours on it. I call it the white trash titanic.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:28 am

Olly wrote:My boat is a poor man's boat, It's a old bass tracker that I gutted and I'm the 5th owner of the go devil with who knows how many hours on it. I call it the white trash titanic.

Sent from my phone.

Funny you say that titanic bit... It may have more in common with the titanic than you know... Since they both sank except yours is down by the dam at Jackson lake. I was gona wait til you got back and tell you in person but hey it's funnier here.

Sent using tapatalk
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:My boat is a poor man's boat, It's a old bass tracker that I gutted and I'm the 5th owner of the go devil with who knows how many hours on it. I call it the white trash titanic.

Sent from my phone.

Funny you say that titanic bit... It may have more in common with the titanic than you know... Since they both sank except yours is down by the dam at Jackson lake. I was gona wait til you got back and tell you in person but hey it's funnier here.

Sent using tapatalk

Good thing I have renters insurance and it was just stolen from my house :lol:

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:46 am

This is our 16ft Spearing boat/light duty duck boat. I sandblasted the entire thing and have since put a late 80's 40hp E-rude on it. Its now pained olive drab and that blind is gone, plans for new blind in the works. This boat was dads boat and has seen some time on the water! I cant even imagine how many thousands of pounds of carp/suckers Jgun, Myself and friends have speared from this boat. She fits right in with the "poor" mans boat area.
AsJgun said in the other thread, we have a small boatyard in the parents backyard :lol:
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:48 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Sent using tapatalk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby Tomkat » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:34 pm

BrewGUN wrote:Image
This is our 16ft Spearing boat/light duty duck boat. I sandblasted the entire thing and have since put a late 80's 40hp E-rude on it. Its now pained olive drab and that blind is gone, plans for new blind in the works. This boat was dads boat and has seen some time on the water! I cant even imagine how many thousands of pounds of carp/suckers Jgun, Myself and friends have speared from this boat. She fits right in with the "poor" mans boat area.
AsJgun said in the other thread, we have a small boatyard in the parents backyard :lol:

What are you gonna do for a blind?
Tomkat

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:37 pm

My current poor man boat is one I bought for $60 off a guy. Been using it as a trailer to haul snow goose deeks around in.
goodkarmarising

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
assateague wrote:$280, soup to nuts. So poor I had to build it myself.
you woulda still built it yourself even if you had a mil in the bank, just so you could say you did.

Really, anyone that still has a tube tv is just cheap out of spite. :)

Can't afford a flat screen tv here. Nothing wrong with my tube tv.
goodkarmarising

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Tomkat wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:This is our 16ft Spearing boat/light duty duck boat. I sandblasted the entire thing and have since put a late 80's 40hp E-rude on it. Its now pained olive drab and that blind is gone, plans for new blind in the works. This boat was dads boat and has seen some time on the water! I cant even imagine how many thousands of pounds of carp/suckers Jgun, Myself and friends have speared from this boat. She fits right in with the "poor" mans boat area.

not sure yet, def not that high, it was too much of a sail, and not durable enough, i want to be able to lay it flat for running but have "doors" for sitting in.
BrewGUN

Postby jehler » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:40 pm

BrewGUN wrote:
Tomkat wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:This is our 16ft Spearing boat/light duty duck boat. I sandblasted the entire thing and have since put a late 80's 40hp E-rude on it. Its now pained olive drab and that blind is gone, plans for new blind in the works. This boat was dads boat and has seen some time on the water! I cant even imagine how many thousands of pounds of carp/suckers Jgun, Myself and friends have speared from this boat. She fits right in with the "poor" mans boat area.

not sure yet, def not that high, it was too much of a sail, and not durable enough, i want to be able to lay it flat for running but have "doors" for sitting in.

I know a guy :) that might have just bought a used folding boat blind frame with a cordura camo blind ;)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:50 pm

jehler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

I know a guy :) that might have just bought a used folding boat blind frame with a cordura camo blind ;)

Would that guy wanna test fit it or allow to study for ideas after I get back from DC? ;)
BrewGUN

Postby jehler » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:53 pm

BrewGUN wrote:
jehler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

Would that guy wanna test fit it or allow to study for ideas after I get back from DC? ;)
probably not, he's a real asshole
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Redbeard » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:57 pm

jehler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
jehler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
Tomkat wrote:[quote="BrewGUN"]

probably not, he's a real asshole[/quote]
Ha! A funny asshole
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:05 pm

BrewGUN wrote:
jehler wrote:
BrewGUN wrote:
Tomkat wrote:

Ask trapperDev, I hear he's a good guy.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby BrewGUN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:11 pm

And stronger and smarter ;)
BrewGUN

Postby assateague » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby aunt betty » Mon May 27, 2013 7:02 pm

I was planning on using this:
boat 003.jpg

But ended up using this:
boat 004.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Bootlipkiller » Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm

jehler wrote:All 6 of mine are poor mans boat, determination makes things happen not monetary wealth ;)

True story, my $3000.00 boat dose just fine!
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum