List of materials

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

List of materials

Postby kalmic » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Trying to get a list of materials going for the next couple weeks. what should I coat the inside with when its clean and dry? Im not talking about the deck you walk on but the blidge and under the deck plates and sides. Sorry this is my first complete rebuild.

Everyone has given me good advice so far thanks fellas.

Robert
kalmic

Re: List of materials

Postby grizz18 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm

I don't think I'd coat it with anything, thats just me but I don't really see the reasoning.

Heres some the things I needed when starting...

-Acetone
-paint sprayer ($15 cheapie at HF)
-5200 (best adhesive beside welding, great for leaky rivets)
-stainless steel hardware
-bilge pump
-front lights
-stick on (cheap/replaceable) interior LED's
-Herculiner for the interior
-paint/primer
grizz18

Postby assateague » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:41 pm

I will second the 3M 5200. I was shaky about spending that much money for a tube of adhesive, but it's lasted over two years sealing bolt holes in a very flexible transom on my hybrid. That stuff really is the ticket, and worth every penny.
assateague

Postby grizz18 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:43 pm

assateague wrote:I will second the 3M 5200. I was shaky about spending that much money for a tube of adhesive, but it's lasted over two years sealing bolt holes in a very flexible transom on my hybrid. That stuff really is the ticket, and worth every penny.

I used it along with starboard (cutting board) for my new Fishfinder. Guy at the tackle shop told me not to use it bc when he used it and started to take it off (the starboard from fiberglass console) it ripped off 2 layers of the fiberglass. :lol: That stuff is the shiznit.
grizz18

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum