Input Wanted for New Boat

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Input Wanted for New Boat

Postby Bonefish Boatworks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:16 am

Our company (Bonefish Boatworks) just produced a prototype intended as an all season, multi-purpose boat (Rocky Creek T18'). It's a tunnel hull fiberglass boat designed for fresh water fishing, saltwater fishing, bow fishing, gigging, shrimping, bully netting and hunting. The only problem is, we know a fair amount about all of these topics...but not as much about duck hunting (There's only a handful of duck hunters here in Tampa Bay). We would sincerely appreciate input from forum members on how we can improve upon this boat. This is a link to photographs of the boat: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 075&type=3, and this is a link showing the boat running in ankle deep water: https://www.facebook.com/BonefishBoatwo ... 1610804200.
The interior of the boat is roomy and coated in truck bed liner for durability and sound deadening. It has a poling platform, an elevated driving station (to cut through glare on the water) and five LED lights around the bow rail for gigging, bully netting and bow fishing at night. The boat uses push poles in "Hold My Pole" anchor sleeves both front and rear to stake out/anchor. Line/rope can be run between the two push poles when anchored to support a hunting blind covering the entire boat. Your input and critical comments are sincerely welcomed. Thank you.
Bonefish Boatworks

Re: Input Wanted for New Boat

Postby assateague » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 am

:welcome:

Neither of your links is working, though.
assateague

Postby Bonefish Boatworks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 am

assateague wrote::welcome:

Neither of your links is working, though.

My apologies. Something must have happened to the links. The photos and video can be seen at: https://www.facebook.com/BonefishBoatworks. Two photo albums are applicable to the boat: "Rocky" and Maiden Voyage". Thanks.
Bonefish Boatworks

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 am

Really like that boat a lot! Only thing that would throw me off for being a "duck boat" is the polling platform and the elevated console. If hunting from the boat or even trying to hide it will stick out like a sore thumb. Open floor plan is spot on for a duck boat. Would be a perfect bow fishing rig. If you made it in an aluminum version it would probably appeal to more duck hunters. They are about as hard on a boat as you can be and I'd be scared to run a fiberglass boat in many places I hunt. I'll prostaff for you in Texas and let you know how it works out. I'll PM you for shipping details :wink:
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Very solid looking boat but I would make the poling platform removable if it isn't already, and make the elevated counsel an optional feature. And even making a model without a counsel and a tiller steer might appeal to more people. And aluminum is always a plus over fiberglass for durability and weight. Tunnel hull is a big plus and the platform isn't to big to be in the way for duck hunting but looks like you could easily shoot 2-3 people off it for Bowfishing.

Sent from my badazz phone using a badazz app
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby banknote » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:10 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:Very solid looking boat but I would make the poling platform removable if it isn't already, and make the elevated counsel an optional feature. And even making a model without a counsel and a tiller steer might appeal to more people. And aluminum is always a plus over fiberglass for durability and weight. Tunnel hull is a big plus and the platform isn't to big to be in the way for duck hunting but looks like you could easily shoot 2-3 people off it for Bowfishing.

Cool boat.
I agree with making poling platform and elevated counsel removable. Would also prefer a tiller option.
Any plans for a blind?
banknote

Postby Bonefish Boatworks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 pm

Lots of good comments/suggestions guys. Thank you. As for the blind, we were thinking a fabric blind hung over a line running between the two anchor stakes would work, but we're definitely open to suggestions. Our goal is to stay true to the all season, multi-purpose theme...so making items removable or optional is great, as is easy add-ons that don't compromise other uses.
Bonefish Boatworks

Postby Tomkat » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:16 pm

I wish you had something other than facebook, I cant access it from work.

Tomkat

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 pm

If you've never duck hunted its going to be difficult for you to make a practical blind. If you could find a local duck hunter to help you in the design of it would help a lot. And every duck hunter like a different style blind. So it might not be economical for you to have a blind per built onto the boat. That's my .02 on the blind.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:30 pm

Tomkat wrote:I wish you had something other than facebook, I cant access it from work.

If he doesn't mind I can post some pictures of it up here.

NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:23 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:If you've never duck hunted its going to be difficult for you to make a practical blind. If you could find a local duck hunter to help you in the design of it would help a lot. And every duck hunter like a different style blind. So it might not be economical for you to have a blind per built onto the boat. That's my .02 on the blind.

there's a guy that makes fiberglass hunting kayaks that runs between MN and FL that could give you real input on that. He makes Hellbender Boats (www.gotohellbender.com I think). Different market so i don't really see any negative, and he's a good guy who also guides duck hunts down there I believe.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 am

Would be happy to test your products and give written reports about how well they work.
Contact me in a private message for payment and insurance info...
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum