ain't your Papas bass boat

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

ain't your Papas bass boat

Postby Duplex Lover » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm

We started with a 1681 Sea nymph with a 25hp Merc prop.
Took her down to the hull.
and turned it in to a Mad Max Mud boat.

19 gal under deck tank up front.27 hp Mud devil long shaft in the back.
All roller bunk trailer.

And call her the "AQUA COW"
Sky blasting again...
Coyotes-R-Us
Duplex Lover

Re: ain't your Papas bass boat

Postby capt1972 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Olly, his nickname needs to be "Master of Disguise".
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:20 am

Haha Troy sure can afford a nice boat.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:44 pm

How fast will the cow chug along with that long tail?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Duplex Lover » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 am

About 10 mph in deep water and 16 mph in 4" of water with an average load of Decoys and two people
Sky blasting again...
Coyotes-R-Us
Duplex Lover

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Thats actually not bad for a boat/motor combo of that size.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 pm

I have a 25 LT and can do 16mph totally empty and 13 or so loaded down. On a 16ft bass tracker.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm

I had a 27 fuel injected long tail on my hoss of a boat and could get 16 mph empty in shallow water, and loaded it was usually 10-11 in deep water and 13-14 in the shallows. All of these speeds were gps.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby obxbufflehead » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm

Can I be in on this or is it long tails only.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 am

I've never operated or been in a boat with a surface drive.

Can someone explain why it's faster in shallow water than deep water?
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:I've never operated or been in a boat with a surface drive.

I think it has something to do with you can't push the water down out of the way (since there is a bottom to stop the downward flow), so the boat rides higher in the water aka less drag, but I'm not a docter.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby JGUN » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Goldfish wrote:

I think it has something to do with you can't push the water down out of the way (since there is a bottom to stop the downward flow), so the boat rides higher in the water aka less drag, but I'm not a docter.

But I stayed at a holiday inn express.:lol:
JGUN

Postby Bufflehead » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

all boats will run faster in shallower water.
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Bufflehead wrote:

all boats will run faster in shallower water.

Even my big ass duck boat does.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 am

Hydraulics

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using tapatalk 2
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 am

I must be retarded, because I'm not following.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:23 am

Never-mind. I went and found some answers.

It really depends on the hull shape more than anything, but I got an explanation as to why mud boats run faster in shallow water.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 am

So... what is the reason?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby capt1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:27 am

A pressure wave is generated under the boat when its moving. In shallow water waves get taller because this is the only direction they have to go. This wave raises the boat higher in the water causing less drag on the hull thus allowing the boat to travel faster with the same amount of forward thrust.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

So what I pulled out of my a... I was pretty close in my description?
Goldfish

Postby capt1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am

Goldfish wrote:So what I pulled out of my a... I was pretty close in my description?

Haha, I didn't even see your post. Great minds think alike!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 am

capt1972 wrote:A pressure wave is generated under the boat when its moving. In shallow water waves get taller because this is the only direction they have to go. This wave raises the boat higher in the water causing less drag on the hull thus allowing the boat to travel faster with the same amount of forward thrust.

I have one problem whit what you just said. In shallow water haves are not always bigger. In fact, they are usually smaller. If you have a 15mph wind blowing 1 mile over an area that is 5' deep and the same wind blowing 1 mile over an area that is 3"-10" deep, that waves in the 5' area will be much larger because the water has more room to get pushed down and get bigger.
obxbufflehead

Postby capt1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:34 am

obxbufflehead wrote:
capt1972 wrote:A pressure wave is generated under the boat when its moving. In shallow water waves get taller because this is the only direction they have to go. This wave raises the boat higher in the water causing less drag on the hull thus allowing the boat to travel faster with the same amount of forward thrust.

I have one problem whit what you just said. In shallow water haves are not always bigger. In fact, they are usually smaller. If you have a 15mph wind blowing 1 mile over an area that is 5' deep and the same wind blowing 1 mile over an area that is 3"-10" deep, that waves in the 5' area will be much larger because the water has more room to get pushed down and get bigger.

Not wind waves, pressure waves. Think sunami.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:38 am

capt1972 wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:

Oh ok. I feel like an idiot now.
obxbufflehead

Postby capt1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 am

obxbufflehead wrote:
capt1972 wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:

actually your example explains it also. Where the bigger waves in the deeper water meet the shallow water they will get taller and "break". When they break, they loose their energy. Thats why the waves are shorter in the shallows.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:48 am

capt1972 wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:
capt1972 wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:

actually your example explains it also. Where the bigger waves in the deeper water meet the shallow water they will get taller and "break". When they break, they loose their energy. Thats why the waves are shorter in the shallows.

No I was talking about where if the wind started at the same place and(deep and shallow at the same end) and one side of it was deep and the other side was shallow(left and right side) the waves on the deeper side would be bigger.
obxbufflehead

Postby capt1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:51 am

Same amount of force applied (wind) will transfer the same amount of energy to the water. In deep water the waves will be taller but further apart. In the shallows the waves will be shorter but closer together. The wind is still moving the same amount of water.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am

capt1972 wrote:Same amount of force applied (wind) will transfer the same amount of energy to the water. In deep water the waves will be taller but further apart. In the shallows the waves will be shorter but closer together. The wind is still moving the same amount of water.

Yes.
obxbufflehead

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Goldfish wrote:So... what is the reason?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+do+boats+go+fa ... water#seen
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:
Goldfish wrote:So... what is the reason?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+do+boats+go+fa ... water#seen

Well then wtf did you ask us for Mr Google?

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Next

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum