Duck rigs

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: Duck rigs

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:44 pm

I just knew I was gonna open this and find a pic of a black chick.
assateague

Postby Duckboy84 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

jmitch wrote:
Duckboy84 wrote:16ft wareagle with 70 yamaha

NIce boat. You work at a Nissan dealer? Tech?

Lol my brother does. It runs pretty good in the high 40s its plenty fast enough for me thats for sure
Duckboy84

Postby RonE » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Just got back from testing my new surface drive boat. It is an Uncle J 18 x 54 with a modified ProDrive motor. There seems to be a learning curve for driving one of these things but today was very enjoyable. Not fast (25 kts) and not pretty, in fact it is ugly but perfect for duck hunting. Lot of torque for a tiller outboard and a very sharp turning radius (hold on!)
My boat ii.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby 3geese4me » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 pm

That should handle the coastal marsh just fine.
http://www.facebook.com/BeakSquad

Gander Commander Pro-Staff for Waterfowlforum.net
US AIR FORCE PRO-STAFF
3geese4me

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:35 pm

Looks like a great rig
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:51 pm

RonE wrote:Just got back from testing my new surface drive boat. It is an Uncle J 18 x 54 with a modified ProDrive motor. There seems to be a learning curve for driving one of these things but today was very enjoyable. Not fast (25 kts) and not pretty, in fact it is ugly but perfect for duck hunting. Lot of torque for a tiller outboard and a very sharp turning radius (hold on!)
My boat ii.jpg

If I could only give one piece of advise on driving these it would be - go easy on the throttle if you are unfamiliar with the water depth. If you get stuck at idle its easy to push out, if you get stuck at full throttle you're fucked.
I got mine "high centered" lengthwise, you could've held your breath and swam under the boat front to back through a 2' trough but was sitting dry on port and starboard edges. It took 3 guys to pull it into water. Everytime we we "1... 2... 3... pull!" we moved it 6 inches. Sucked ass!
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:36 pm

If I had a big mud boat, I'd have one of these on it.
http://www.lewiswinch.com/
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Slingshot » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:06 am

RonE wrote:Just got back from testing my new surface drive boat. It is an Uncle J 18 x 54 with a modified ProDrive motor. There seems to be a learning curve for driving one of these things but today was very enjoyable. Not fast (25 kts) and not pretty, in fact it is ugly but perfect for duck hunting. Lot of torque for a tiller outboard and a very sharp turning radius (hold on!)
My boat ii.jpg

Thats a nice boat looks like one i seen for sell on MMT.
Team total asalt.
Modded 35 gdsd 1746xpress. Haulin the mail
Take a kid huntin.
Slingshot

Location: Holder steady newt were headdin fer da tadder patch.

Postby RonE » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Slingshot wrote:
My boat ii.jpg

Yes, that is where I found it. Drove from the Texas coast to Northern Illinois to pick it up. 42 hours round trip; never turned the truck off.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:10 pm

RonE wrote:
Slingshot wrote:
My boat ii.jpg

Yes, that is where I found it. Drove from the Texas coast to Northern Illinois to pick it up. 42 hours round trip; never turned the truck off.

Should have stopped by to give me shit in person!
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby Matt Duncan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Picked up my new rig last week. 1744 Phowler Extreme Sneak with 23 Copperhead. So far I'm very pleased!

[url="http://s808.photobucket.com/user/mattduncan82/media/20131129_085835_zpsc81a4ec9.jpg.html"]Image[/url]
[url="http://s808.photobucket.com/user/mattduncan82/media/20131129_085530_zps6728b892.jpg.html"]Image[/url]
[url="http://s808.photobucket.com/user/mattduncan82/media/20131201_132032_zpse8fdb71f.jpg.html"]Image[/url]
HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
SHR Bourbon Bay's The Other Woman "Jolene"
Matt Duncan

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Looks like a hell of a rig!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby AKPirate » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Sweet!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Nice boat!
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Is there any storage under the gunnels or is it dead space? Really like the looks of it.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby RonE » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 am

Nice looking boat!
RonE

Postby Matt Duncan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks, I'm very happy with this rig. There isn't storage under the gunnels but there really isn't much wasted space there with the way the cockpit is designed. Here's a shot from this past weekend. Had my 5 year old boy out there, luckily he brought the telescope from his pirate kit to help spot birds. He was keeping lookout as I was cutting brush..

Matt Duncan

Postby Redbeard » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Matt Duncan wrote:Thanks, I'm very happy with this rig. There isn't storage under the gunnels but there really isn't much wasted space there with the way the cockpit is designed. Here's a shot from this past weekend. Had my 5 year old boy out there, luckily he brought the telescope from his pirate kit to help spot birds. He was keeping lookout as I was cutting brush..

gotta keep those little varmints entertained.

You been doing any sculling?
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Matt Duncan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:42 pm

No I have not. I will probably float the river a little when our season comes back in, now that everything else is pretty frozen here.
Matt Duncan

Postby GoBlue82 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am

Matt Duncan wrote: Had my 5 year old boy out there, luckily he brought the telescope from his pirate kit to help spot birds. He was keeping lookout as I was cutting brush..

That is awesome. My boy is two, and grand-pa already talks about getting a 28 ga. for him and how he wants to get a slightly bigger boat so he, my son, can have some room to move around in when he is old enough to go out with us. I tell him i think it is a great idea, especially if he wants to sell me his current boat.
if you can't be good, be good at it
GoBlue82

Postby Matt Duncan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:11 pm

My boy has been going since he was 3. I would drag him through the marsh in a decoy sled during the early season while the temps were still good. The days he goes, birds are the last thing we're thinking about. It's usually just out there fooling around and having fun and me answering 1000 questions. The boat does extend the season for the kids a bit though as now I can just turn on the heater for him. He was 3 on this hunt.

Matt Duncan

Postby Rick » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Hard to say which of those shots is cutest. Both family album material.
Rick

Postby GoBlue82 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Rick wrote:Hard to say which of those shots is cutest. Both family album material.

I'm going with the first one. Kid + Dog, fuhgeddaboutit.
if you can't be good, be good at it
GoBlue82

Postby BayCityGnr » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:10 am

RonE wrote:
Slingshot wrote:
My boat ii.jpg

what mmt?
BayCityGnr

Postby Olly » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:33 am

Damn Matt those are good shots.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 am

My dad built the custom duck blind onto this in 1978. I still kill ducks out of it.
The blind comes apart, stowed easy, and is in the boat.
Have shown how it works before. Its cozy, wind proof, warm, and DEADLY. Image
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby hudson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm

14 42 with 04 25 merc
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
hudson

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:42 pm

hudson wrote:14 42 with 04 25 merc

That's a tall jack plate. You got an extra long shaft on there?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby hudson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Ya its a 20 inch shaft.i wanted a 15 but hard to find new cuz they stopped makin em.bought that motor brand new in 2010 from my bil pops who had it in his barn.had steering wheel controls on it but I deleted that and put a tiller.motor had never been run still had factory plugs in it and not a scratch on the foot.but I have a 03 short shaft that was on it that wasn't much lower
hudson

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 pm

hudson wrote:Ya its a 20 inch shaft.i wanted a 15 but hard to find new cuz they stopped makin em.bought that motor brand new in 2010 from my bil pops who had it in his barn.had steering wheel controls on it but I deleted that and put a tiller.motor had never been run still had factory plugs in it and not a scratch on the foot.but I have a 03 short shaft that was on it that wasn't much lower

You must just have a shorter transom then. I've got a 20 inch shaft and a 16.5 inch transom. I still think I need a few inches of lift for the motor bc it plows water out the sides.
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum