Some GatorTrax stuff-

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Some GatorTrax stuff-

Postby Tomkat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 am

They make a very good boat, Phil Robertson uses one.

Last edited by Tomkat on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomkat

Re: Some GatorTrax stuff-

Postby Tomkat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 am

Some Gator Trax action in Alabama! This could be you Olly!

Tomkat

Postby Tomkat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:17 am

My favorite clip, running on 1 inch of water

Tomkat

Postby Olly » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 am

Tomkat wrote:This could be you Olly!

I didn't see your mailbox anywhere in front of that boat.

I'm kidding, you made it to easy.

Sent from my phone.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Tomkat » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:47 am

My mailbox paint has faded badly. You might miss it at high speed. I am going to have to glue my teal decoy on top to make Red happy.

All kidding aside, would a new Mudbuddy work on your old boat? I know we hunt completly different environments.

GKR and I talked to several people last season on the Kaw who had them. Our river is a sandy bottom and many longtails dont do as well there.

I have thought about getting a "cheap" longtail and a 14' jon for that river anyway.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

Surface drive motors don't work good on a standard flat bottom hull. That's what I was told at least. You'd just get into trouble running high speed through shallows with a standard Jon. The aluminum is so thin that a hard hit would puncture it. I think gator trax uses 1/8" aluminum for their hulls, and the logitudinal stringers vs chine to chine frames make dents less likely to puncture.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Tomkat wrote:My mailbox paint has faded badly. You might miss it at high speed. I am going to have to glue my teal decoy on top to make Red happy.

All kidding aside, would a new Mudbuddy work on your old boat? I know we hunt completly different environments.

GKR and I talked to several people last season on the Kaw who had them. Our river is a sandy bottom and many longtails dont do as well there.

I have thought about getting a "cheap" longtail and a 14' jon for that river anyway.

Longtails do better than anything else. Used to hunt it with a 18ft lowe and a nissan 60 jet drive. Cheaper and easier to replace worn out props than have jet rebuilt every year or two.

Sent from my new unbroken fully functional phone
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 am

jarbo03 wrote:
Tomkat wrote:My mailbox paint has faded badly. You might miss it at high speed. I am going to have to glue my teal decoy on top to make Red happy.

Longtails do better than anything else. Used to hunt it with a 18ft lowe and a nissan 60 jet drive. Cheaper and easier to replace worn out props than have jet rebuilt every year or two.

Sent from my new unbroken fully functional phone

I've had pumps for a long time and, my experience is you only change your liner. Once in a great while, you might have issues with the screw if you are running a stock aluminum one but, if you go to stainless screw your liner always goes first.
The longtails don't just lose props they lose the shaft and quite often all the bushings. Way more labor intensive to fix.
You could change out your pump liner yourself if you are mechanically inclined.
Around this parts, there are far more pump mechanics than longtail guys.
QH's Paw

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum