My thread regarding Layout Boats and motors

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: My thread regarding Layout Boats and motors

Postby Tomkat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:13 am

I had a nice visit with Jarbo last night on this subject. I think I am going to DO IT!!!!!
Tomkat

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 am

This also has me very interested, could possibly be next years project.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am

jarbo03 wrote:This also has me very interested, could possibly be next years project.

Very good, you can learn from my mistakes...I will be throwing down the $$$$ LOL
Tomkat

Postby RickC » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 am

jarbo03 wrote:This also has me very interested, could possibly be next years project.

Same here. I was given a motor but I doubt its going to last so this is a doable project next summer.

Blessings,
Rick
RickC

Postby Tomkat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:40 am

If 5 people sent TomKat $20 each, we could get this project documented to a level never before seen on the internet.

Those 5 lucky investers will have full time phone access to TomKat help desk line cell #, a free picture of TomKat with Brandy in his boat, my one time pre-draft advice in the 2014 FFL, and one hell of a video documentation of the build process called: How I did it- the TomKat longtail motor build for cheap asses.

Now that is one hell of a bargain if you ask me!!!!

But wait, there's more!

For a limited time only, I will also throw in my soon to be released video "duck hunting tricks I have learned" at no extra cost.

So act now! Don't let this unique opportunity pass to be part of something special, to gain valuable tecnical assistiance, and to help your 2014 FFL team have a better chance through a more productive draft.

The 8 1/12 x 14 photo of TomKat and Brandy in his 4 rivers boat, suitable for framing, will be signed and is sure to be a collecters item.

OKAY folks, who will make the commitment for the project?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Tomkat

Postby jmitch » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm going to be very interested in this experiment if you go thru with it TK. I've looked into the same kits for my little skiff. Seems like opinions are all over the place on the cheaper kits and If you look they talk a ton of shit about them on MudMotorTalK. If you do go thru with it please be sure to keep this updated as I'm sure theyre are more than a few people hear that would like to see it
jmitch

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Tomkat wrote:If 5 people sent TomKat $20 each, we could get this project documented to a level never before seen on the internet.

Those 5 lucky investers will have full time phone access to TomKat help desk line cell #, a free picture of TomKat with Brandy in his boat, my one time pre-draft advice in the 2014 FFL, and one hell of a video documentation of the build process called: How I did it- the TomKat longtail motor build for cheap asses.

But wait, there's more!

For a limited time only, I will also throw in my soon to be released video "duck hunting tricks I have learned" at no extra cost.

So act now! Don't let this unique opportunity pass to be part of something special, to gain valuable tecnical assistiance, and to help your 2014 FFL team have a better chance through a more productive draft.

The 8 1/12 x 14 photo of TomKat and Brandy in his 4 rivers boat, suitable for framing, will be signed and is sure to be a collecters item.

How about 3 dollars and a picture of just the dog?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:25 pm

:lol::lol::lol:
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Did you just crack yourself up?
assateague

Postby jarbo03 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:53 pm

I'll do it for half the price. The FFL advice will be replaced with tips and tricks for bagging skanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 pm

assateague wrote:Did you just crack yourself up?

:lol:

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Tomkat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:17 pm

OK, you fuckers made me laugh!

Jerry, I will share me skank bagging knowledge with you in the blind for free; I was a lot better at that than I ever was at being a mechanic. Your all ready off to a nice start with that fancy beer cooler you own.

Tripod, yours was funny too. And I have to admit Brandy is a lot better looking than me!

For you I will substitute the skank and hunting tips for one called "helping your dog make it thru life with 4 legs".

jmitch, I am going to do it. If I fail, it wont be the first time, or the last time.

Tell ya what I will do-
I wont charge any of you for info my $500 experiment. But I am going to ask that when the "how to build it" video is complete, you will all do your damndest to promote it so that others can learn from it. Fair enough?

Oh, also it would be helpfl if you fellas will help me sell off my stuff and watch Craigs list for me. I want to get a deal on the boat. I will let you know when I am ready to buy one.

I will go by Harbor freight next week and begin step 1. Jarbo we may have to fire it up at the house just to make sure it runs right LOL
Tomkat

Postby jmitch » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Fucking A right. Excited to see how this works for you TK. How much you think you want for the Pintail?
jmitch

Postby Tomkat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:32 pm

I will let it go for $500, including the boat cover, layout cover, gun holder, and both seats.

Hopefully someone will need it more than me. Its a good boat, but not the direction I want to go in.
Tomkat

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:44 pm

assateague wrote:Did you just crack yourself up?

No just pointing out that I was joking. I don't really want a pic of anybody's dog.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 am

I have several 25% off Harbor Freight coupons, that motor is $99 according to my email, so that would make it $75 or pretty close.

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
orphanedcowboy

Postby RonE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:09 am

Tomkat wrote:If 5 people sent TomKat $20 each, we could get this project documented to a level never before seen on the internet.

But wait, there's more!

Didn't you leave something out? I didn't see anything about..........."Just pay separate shipping and handling."
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Tomkat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Nope I was just kidding. Going to HF to buy the motor early next week.

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Postby RonE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Keep in mind that with any project like this you often come up against a stumbling block and run to your wits end trying to keep the project on track. Please take this simple advice: . There is little that cannot be solved or over come if you shoot it enough times with a double barreled money gun
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jarbo03 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:36 pm

RonE wrote:Keep in mind that with any project like this you often come up against a stumbling block and run to your wits end trying to keep the project on track. Please take this simple advice: . There is little that cannot be solved or over come if you shoot it enough times with a double barreled money gun

Or you can piss on it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Tomkat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks fellas.

Tomkat

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:03 pm

Tomkat wrote:Thanks fellas.

Don't listen to the naysayers TK. Just remember, while the rest of the world is arguing whether the glass is half empty or half full, you and I both know the glass is 100% full, 100% of the time. It' just a matter of the percentage of mix, 50% liquid and 50% air or 100% air etc. No reason to waste time on that subject, ever. :thumbsup:
QH's Paw

Postby Tomkat » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks Mike. I have always been a risk taker in my own way. Its going to happen, and in time Jarbo will be with me in one, too.

While others fear failure, I envision success.

I live 5 minutes from the river boat launch. I intent to take full advantage of the resources at my disposal. That means a boat that does well on skinny water and a long tail motor.

Tire kickers and wife obeyers: u can hate the game, but don't hate the playa.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381634182.161106.jpg

YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Tomkat

Postby jarbo03 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:26 pm

It's gonna happen, I will have one.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
TAZ 2014-15 birds