Thanks, TriPod

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Thanks, TriPod

Postby RonE » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Based on your design and pictures of your blind I started my boat blind today. Had to buy a tubing bender and I used a lot of Bimini Top parts. It is coming along nicely, got about 3 hours invested so far. Having a tough time finding plastic mesh material to tie the fast grass to but it will come eventually. Should have the frame and straps finished tomorrow. Friggin "Honey-Do's" keep getting in the way.
Blind i.jpg

Blind ii.jpg

Blind iii.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Re: Thanks, TriPod

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 pm

You're very welcome, I'm glad the pics helped a couple people out. When you put the 1" straps on it set them up to be snug when in the upright position, it will really give it the rigidity you'll want for hunting.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 am

I am going to try to use the green plastic netting from home depot. Attached it to the top frame and rolled it up but still need to grass it up. Can't make up my mind what to use so I can still roll it up. Seems like real grass wouldn't roll up many times before falling apart.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 am

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Flightstopper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:22 am

Which one Olly? Link takes me to a search page.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Yea there all pretty much the same. A 8x20 sheet will more than cover a 16ft boat blind and it's strong enough to attach fast grass too.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Slingshot » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 pm

For what its worth , I have built quiet a few blings for friends and the sunscreen fabric from lowes, that's in the garden department works great to attach your grass to.
Team total asalt.
Modded 35 gdsd 1746xpress. Haulin the mail
Take a kid huntin.
Slingshot

Location: Holder steady newt were headdin fer da tadder patch.

Postby ea oneal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 pm

look,s real good !!! mine is getting done but slow so much work at shop.
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:54 pm

slowly coming together. Will get the straps sewn up tomorrow and put the netting on. Should work well.
Boat blind I.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum