Long tail or surface drive?

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: Long tail or surface drive?

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:16 pm

outboardman wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:How small you think this guys **** is?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Guys a retard if he thinks anyone thinks with a new exhaust and a intake he can double the HP. There is nothing you can do to double the HP accept maybe a supercharger or turbocharger. :fishing: Still sounds like a 25hp brigs motor.

But it shoots flames out the pipe!! Doesn't that count for something?
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:17 pm

firewokey wrote:Laws?...What laws?...lol....i was just wondering if there was a unspoken rule about it

You could put a 90hp on that and be fine.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby firewokey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:06 am

So maby double the hp rating for some boats?
firewokey

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:39 am

firewokey wrote:What would be the most over the max suggested hp a manufacturer puts on a boat..I have a 50 hp evenrude and the Grizzly 1860 has a max rating for a 40.....What ya think..That would save me thousands
i wouldn't think twice about putting a 150 on an 1860
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:40 am

firewokey wrote:Laws?...What laws?...lol....i was just wondering if there was a unspoken rule about it
there are laws unfortunately
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:19 pm

jehler wrote:

What's the penalty on overpowering a boat?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:30 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
jehler wrote:

A good stern talking to.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:30 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
jehler wrote:

A good stern talking to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:32 pm

My boat is rated for a 30 and I'm running a 15. Which is plenty fast. 30 would be retarded.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:40 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:My boat is rated for a 30 and I'm running a 15. Which is plenty fast. 30 would be retarded.

You would be surprised how little speed you would actually gain. 40hp on my 16' does less than 35mph.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby T Man » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:49 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
jehler wrote:

Potential for insurance being denied, possibly being found grossly neglegent if your boat is ever involved in a wreck.

Personally I say hang the biggest motor your boat and bank account can float.
Eric Haynes wrote:
I just Betty'd the timeframe to make me seem older than 56.
T Man

Postby one2many » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:01 pm

outboardman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Guys a retard if he thinks anyone thinks with a new exhaust and a intake he can double the HP. There is nothing you can do to double the HP accept maybe a supercharger or turbocharger. :fishing: Still sounds like a 25hp brigs motor.

i posted a photo here somewhere here this week of one of my freshly built v-twin kohler motor that makes 100hp on the dyno in the same photo you can see the pipe off of the other freshly built v-twin kohlor that was 65 hp on the dyno. no superchargers no turbos

on my boat i run a Pro Drive same as my dad and my brother. never had any troubles with them
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 pm

That was you in the video wasn't it
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby one2many » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:09 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:That was you in the video wasn't it

no if it was mine it would be much bigger :D
one2many

Postby outboardman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:25 am

one2many wrote:
outboardman wrote:

i posted a photo here somewhere here this week of one of my freshly built v-twin kohler motor that makes 100hp on the dyno in the same photo you can see the pipe off of the other freshly built v-twin kohlor that was 65 hp on the dyno. no superchargers no turbos

on my boat i run a Pro Drive same as my dad and my brother. never had any troubles with them

You did not double the HP now did you? 65 X 2 =130 last I checked a bit more than 100
Got to love the mud.
outboardman

Postby jehler » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:My boat is rated for a 30 and I'm running a 15. Which is plenty fast. 30 would be retarded.
its not all about how fast the boat will go, guessing with your 15 your running wide open all the time, and with a large load it struggles a bit. If you had a 30 you could run around the same speed as your 15 with a whole lot less RPM's saving lots of ware on your engine and lengthening the life of the motor and lower end. Also with a full load you could still get around. I have my 14'er maxed with a 3cyl 25 hp, and while it goes fine I could really use a 40 for times when the boat is overloaded (hauling shit to camp)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:56 pm

outboardman wrote:
one2many wrote:i posted a photo here somewhere here this week of one of my freshly built v-twin kohler motor that makes 100hp on the dyno in the same photo you can see the pipe off of the other freshly built v-twin kohlor that was 65 hp on the dyno. no superchargers no turbos

You did not double the HP now did you? 65 X 2 =130 last I checked a bit more than 100

Reading comprehension is a good thing.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 pm

There is a line on Clinton Lake where the cable used to be. The cable is still there but the took all the floats off.
Huntal6 and FF know where...
Past that line and coming up to it is no outboard land because beyond the cable is a huge mud flat. Ducks!

One night I was sitting there all set up and here came a boat. I was cringing waiting for him to tear up his outboard.

He just kept going and I mean at like 20mph.
Now, I want to equip my sneak boat with a long tail so I can get back there too!

Up until that day I was like...
Mudmotors. ..meh.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:21 pm

jehler wrote:
its not all about how fast the boat will go, guessing with your 15 your running wide open all the time, and with a large load it struggles a bit. If you had a 30 you could run around the same speed as your 15 with a whole lot less RPM's saving lots of ware on your engine and lengthening the life of the motor and lower end. Also with a full load you could still get around. I have my 14'er maxed with a 3cyl 25 hp, and while it goes fine I could really use a 40 for times when the boat is overloaded (hauling shit to camp)

I never thought of it that way before. Luckily I don't hunt any real treacherous waters so I should be fine til I can afford something bigger. Gona have a heavy load in the morning so ill post back with a top speed.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby one2many » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:21 pm

outboardman wrote:
one2many wrote:
outboardman wrote:

did you see where i posted starting horsepower? i more then doubled it. asshat!!
re read what i said. in the photo i posted one was 100 horsepower and the other on was 65 horsepower. two different ones for two different pulling tractors. motors started out as 25 or 30 horsepower. do the fucking math now
one2many

Postby one2many » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
outboardman wrote:
one2many wrote:i posted a photo here somewhere here this week of one of my freshly built v-twin kohler motor that makes 100hp on the dyno in the same photo you can see the pipe off of the other freshly built v-twin kohlor that was 65 hp on the dyno. no superchargers no turbos

thank you Tripod :beer:
one2many

Postby RonE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:28 pm

No balls.........Ask your mommy for permission to step up to the counter and sigh up for a man card.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Long tail or surface drive?

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:29 pm

RonE wrote:

No balls.........Ask your mommy for permission to step up to the counter and sigh up for a man card.

Maybe we can't all afford a fancy mud boat or an air boat you shit eatin prick
FlintRiverFowler

Postby one2many » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:45 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
RonE wrote:

Maybe we can't all afford a fancy mud boat or an air boat you shit eatin prick

rons old and cant get it up anymore :lol:
one2many

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:58 pm

one2many wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
outboardman wrote:

thank you Tripod :beer:

I got ya.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum