Re: Older outboards

Postby jehler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

I'd seriously try and find a newer motor
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:04 pm

jehler wrote:I'd seriously try and find a newer motor

Ill never be able to live down what I'm about to say, but I wish Michigan wasn't so far away. Looks like y'all get some killer deals on nice outboards. If I were to drive up there for a good deal the gas cost would make it pointless.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby jehler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:09 pm

I'll do some looking around for ya
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:10 pm

Shipping couldn't be worth more than 80$ I would think
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 pm

jehler wrote:I'll do some looking around for ya

4 stroke 25 tiller would be optimum. I could totally swing it if I could find shipping that cheap.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby LaFlamaBlanca » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:38 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:
Goldfish wrote:That's also how he welded Olly's exhaust

I pissed on my own muffler.

When we went to seminole last time you were snoring, pissing on it fixed that too. It was harder to piss on joe bc he was on the top bunk.

I had no choice but to get top bunk, you and Olly were sharing the bottom
LaFlamaBlanca

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:39 pm

LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

When we went to seminole last time you were snoring, pissing on it fixed that too. It was harder to piss on joe bc he was on the top bunk.

Burn!
Didnt even know you were still on here.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 pm

LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Burn!
FlintRiverFowler

Postby LaFlamaBlanca » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:42 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

Burn!

Of course, what do you think I do in class all day?
LaFlamaBlanca

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 pm

LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
LaFlamaBlanca wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:[quote="Goldfish"]That's also how he welded Olly's exhaust

Burn!

Of course, what do you think I do in class all day?[/quote]
Oh, glad to know you're paying attention. How are you gonna win me millions in a frivolous lawsuit one day?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby LaFlamaBlanca » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Of course, what do you think I do in class all day?[/quote]
Oh, glad to know you're paying attention. How are you gonna win me millions in a frivolous lawsuit one day?[/quote]

I need to pay better attention, as soon as I typed that last post the professor asked me "why and how can local governments and municipalities be held liable under section 1983 claims?", I hate night classes
LaFlamaBlanca

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm

LaFlamaBlanca wrote:Of course, what do you think I do in class all day?

Oh, glad to know you're paying attention. How are you gonna win me millions in a frivolous lawsuit one day?[/quote]

I need to pay better attention, as soon as I typed that last post the professor asked me "why and how can local governments and municipalities be held liable under section 1983 claims?", I hate night classes[/quote]
What did you say?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394581843.211088.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Ill never be able to live down what I'm about to say, but I wish Michigan wasn't so far away. Looks like y'all get some killer deals on nice outboards. If I were to drive up there for a good deal the gas cost would make it pointless.

Not if you don't consider the cost of the gas, make it an adventure.....See things along the way, stay at out of the way places and take you wife or girlfriend with you or take a buddy. Bring along plenty of beer and take turns drinking and driving.

Think "Road Trip", not "Oh, Shit" how much is this going to cost.

If you get to Michigan and don't like what you came to look at, so what, it was a quest and you aren't going to die if you fail, you will have memories.

Your attitude is akin to quitting duck hunting if you don't kill ducks on every trip. Loosen up and seize the moment.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:25 am

RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Not if you don't consider the cost of the gas, make it an adventure.....See things along the way, stay at out of the way places and take you wife or girlfriend with you or take a buddy. Bring along plenty of beer and take turns drinking and driving.

If you get to Michigan and don't like what you came to look at, so what, it was a quest and you aren't going to die if you fail, you will have memories.

Your attitude is akin to quitting duck hunting if you don't kill ducks on every trip. Loosen up and seize the moment.
no shit, I've driven to San Fran for a New Years party
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:22 am

And I once flew to Hawaii to get laid. As much as I might analyze things, I'm pretty sure that trip could have paid for about 3 high-class Vegas hookers.
assateague

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:32 am

jehler wrote:
RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Drove to Seattle one time for a Dave Matthews Band concert one weekend from Petaluma. Left on a Friday and had to be back to class by Monday morning.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:34 am

Olly wrote:
jehler wrote:
RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Drove to Seattle one time for a Dave Matthews Band concert one weekend from Petaluma. Left on a Friday and had to be back to class by Monday morning.
has flint ever left Georgia?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:35 am

Blowing money on memories is something I'm al for but Flint doesn't work that way. He lives like a king because he spends every dime very very carefully.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Olly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:38 am

jehler wrote:has flint ever left Georgia?

Yea I bet he's been to more countries an states than 90% of people here. His grandparents are always going over seasons to crazy European countries for vacation and when we were kids he'd always tag along.

I was always jealous because before I joined the CG I had never been on a plane or been to any other state besides GA, FL, AL.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:43 am

Olly wrote:Blowing money on memories is something I'm al for but Flint doesn't work that way. He lives like a king because he spends every dime very very carefully.

Well then what the fuck is my problem?
assateague

Postby jehler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:44 am

assateague wrote:
Olly wrote:Blowing money on memories is something I'm al for but Flint doesn't work that way. He lives like a king because he spends every dime very very carefully.

Well then what the fuck is my problem?
horses
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:20 am

Wife's budget, not mine. I suspect it's all these cell phones. And the fucking propane delivery guy.
assateague

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 am

Probably all those trips to the gas station buying shit to get 10 cent gas.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
assateague

Postby assateague » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 am

Truthfully, I'd have to say the answer is "kids".
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 am

assateague wrote:Truthfully, I'd have to say the answer is "kids".

Beat me to it by 12 minutes
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:49 am

gotta work em harder to get your money worth.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:53 am

This is the reason I'm not in a nice boat. And am buying janky old outboards for my 600$ duck rig. There's a baby on the way coming in September. Had to get my wife a bigger car to haul the baby.i also Gotta get some work done on my house (rotten fascia and soffit, a metal carport to put my boat and truck under so the new car can go in the garage and a new back deck)
FlintRiverFowler

Postby RonE » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:05 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

This is the reason I'm not in a nice boat. And am buying janky old outboards for my 600$ duck rig. There's a baby on the way coming in September. Had to get my wife a bigger car to haul the baby.i also Gotta get some work done on my house (rotten fascia and soffit, a metal carport to put my boat and truck under so the new car can go in the garage and a new back deck)

So the wife gets a baby, a bigger car, the house fixed and a new back deck and you can't even have a half way decent duck hunting boat? Sounds like ya'll need to examine your priorities and get some shit straightened out. :D
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:08 am

RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

So the wife gets a baby, a bigger car, the house fixed and a new back deck and you can't even have a half way decent duck hunting boat? Sounds like ya'll need to examine your priorities and get some shit straightened out. :D

:lol:
Yep. Gota a feeling ill be driving my current truck a looong time too.
The deck is mine though. Probably gona be a concrete patio with a fire pit. And a little cooking area for my grills. Beer drinking area if you will.
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum