bass boat converted to a duck rig

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: bass boat converted to a duck rig

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Olly wrote:
Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:Finally found the picture.

uploadfromtaptalk1395690370225.jpg

Ive wondered this for a while... why is it MC instead of MI? Indiana in IN not ID

I was told that MC stands for "Motor Craft" or maybe "Marine Craft" I can't remember.

How fast did that thing run with the tiller motor as compared to the LTMM?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby firewokey » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04 am

Ok I think I am going a differant way than the bassboat.
firewokey

Postby Olly » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:16 am

firewokey wrote:Ok I think I am going a differant way than the bassboat.

Probably a good idea. Would have been bad ass but duck boats need to be strong and somewhat light weighted because you're probably going to beat the crap out of it and get it stuck a bunch.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby firewokey » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:58 pm

I found a 12 foot flat bottom with a v bow for 50 smackers.It will be much easies getting around in the shallows where i like to go.Still think a cammo bassboat with a blind would kick ass tho.
firewokey

Postby Goldfish » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:20 pm

firewokey wrote:I found a 12 foot flat bottom with a v bow for 50 smackers.It will be much easies getting around in the shallows where i like to go.Still think a cammo bassboat with a blind would kick ass tho.

I think you are right on both accounts
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby ea oneal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 am

guy in lakecharles has a glasstron bowrider camo .it was done at a auto body shop and is a cool boat .I know he hunts out of it some .ill try and get some pic,s
ea oneal

Postby RonE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 am

firewokey wrote:I found a 12 foot flat bottom with a v bow for 50 smackers.It will be much easies getting around in the shallows where i like to go.Still think a cammo bassboat with a blind would kick ass tho.

Don't know for sure but I'll bet you will end up wishing that you had a 16-18' boat. Yes, people hunt out of small boats, I know that and from my own experience of having hunted out of a 12 foot boat I form my opinion on wanting a larger boat.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby RonE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:47 am

Goldfish wrote:

Actually, the greater the displacement ( surface area of the bottom) of boats of the same material and construction, the greater the buoyancy, the greater the buoyancy, the shallower it will float.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:17 pm

RonE wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

Actually, the greater the displacement ( surface area of the bottom) of boats of the same material and construction, the greater the buoyancy, the greater the buoyancy, the shallower it will float.

A bass boat and a Jon boat are a bit different though. Fiberglass v-hull vs. aluminum flat bottom.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
RonE wrote:
Goldfish wrote:

A bass boat and a Jon boat are a bit different though. Fiberglass v-hull vs. aluminum flat bottom.

Bet that little bastard will haul ass with even a 15-20 hp outboard on it. My buddy has a 12 ft v hull and it weighs nothing.
FlintRiverFowler

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum