Reg numbers.

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Reg numbers.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Does everyone have spaces between the prefix and suffix ? Is it something thats gonna get me in trouble I I don leave the spaces? I've seen boats with them done both ways.
I got some new numbers at academy that I like... I guess . I'm torn between these stick on numbers or stenciling them in with paint.
Lets see some of yours.
FlintRiverFowler

Re: Reg numbers.

Postby capt1972 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Paint them!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Woody » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:44 pm

We have the space on all of our boats.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby aunt betty » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 pm

AGFC is anal about the numbers being the right size and must be contrasting color.
NOTE: mine are reflective numbers and never had trouble with birds flaring because of that.
The thing I have the most trouble with is the headlights on the boat. Cover em up with a burlap bag or something.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397155669543.jpg[/attachment]
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 pm

aunt betty wrote:AGFC is anal about the numbers being the right size and must be contrasting color.
NOTE: mine are reflective numbers and never had trouble with birds flaring because of that.
The thing I have the most trouble with is the headlights on the boat. Cover em up with a burlap bag or something.[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397155669543.jpg[/attachment]

Those mailbox numbers?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Mine are painted on, and if MD doesn't like it, they may go fuck themselves.

hybrid test 6.jpg
assateague

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397261979.960387.jpg

I went with the stickers - no spaces.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby BrewGUN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:57 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

That COULD get you a ticket in MI, no spaces and not very contrasting. Never really cared for the "flare" reg numbers.
BrewGUN

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:59 pm

BrewGUN wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

That COULD get you a ticket in MI, no spaces and not very contrasting. Never really cared for the "flare" reg numbers.

Good thing ill probly never go to that crap state.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:20 am

Georgia doesnt specify exactly how they want it displayed on the boat? Dont you have an inside connection in the coast guard to tell you how its supposed to be?

(Couldn't help it on that last one)
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:01 am

When I receive my new license for the boat every 2 years there's an example right there, on the paperwork, of what's expected or required. Here, you have to have the spaces and the letters/numbers are required to be minimum 2". Like everyone else has said they also have to be contrasting but, I've never seen or heard of a ticket for no contrast.
Basically, the way it appears on your registration is how it must be on your vessel.
QH's Paw

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:44 am

3legged_lab wrote:Georgia doesnt specify exactly how they want it displayed on the boat? Dont you have an inside connection in the coast guard to tell you how its supposed to be?

(Couldn't help it on that last one)

I really don't think georgia cares. I've seen quite a many boats and jetskis without spaces and never heard of anyone getting stopped for it . Really just tryin to dress the ole jon boat up and make it look a little less dinky and wanted to see some other people's numbers.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:38 am

If they're that anal about spacing and other such dumb shit, they should just issue a damn license plate.
assateague

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:45 am

assateague wrote:If they're that anal about spacing and other such dumb shit, they should just issue a damn license plate.

How long did it take you to get registration on your home built? From all the other Maryland Dnr bullshit you've shared here I'd imagine you had to take the boat before the state congress to get it approved ?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:50 am

I just had to go into the office with my receipts, two pictures of the boat, and one with the motor mounted on it.

And then the woman didn't believe me, and assessed it at $1000, anyway, instead of the $270 in receipts. I showed her my receipts, she said "yes, but it's worth more now". I told her no it's not, because it very well may kill somebody, and that the assessment on the home built is the materials, per their fucking web site. No dice. She just wanted her money. Was still only around $30 for the first, and that's it. Don't have to pay an annual registration fee, but do have to send in a check made out to DNR for $0 so "they can complete their record keeping". I'm not making that up.
assateague

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 am

assateague wrote: have to send in a check made out to DNR for $0 so "they can complete their record keeping". I'm not making that up.

Straight meat honker
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:09 am

My first renewal year, I got the form, and it said "fee: $0", so I checked the "no new information" box and sent it back. This was in November, our expire 12/31. Missed two weekends of duck in January because I had no stickers. Finally called, and asked where it was. She looked it up, and said they didn't receive a check. I said I don't owe you anything, and thats when she told me what I had to do. I was dumbfounded, but I think they've either changed it or fucked up, because I forgot the check again this year, but got my stickers anyway. Stupid.
assateague

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 am

assateague wrote:My first renewal year, I got the form, and it said "fee: $0", so I checked the "no new information" box and sent it back. This was in November, our expire 12/31. Missed two weekends of duck in January because I had no stickers. Finally called, and asked where it was. She looked it up, and said they didn't receive a check. I said I don't owe you anything, and thats when she told me what I had to do. I was dumbfounded, but I think they've either changed it or fucked up, because I forgot the check again this year, but got my stickers anyway. Stupid.

So you have to renew every year?
Ours is every three years. $15 bucks for a boat under 16 feet and then a $10 transaction fee which is bullshit. But whatever I waste 10 bucks on stupid shit all the time right?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 am

Yep, every year. But since it costs me nothing, I'm ok with it.
assateague

Postby Goldfish » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:19 am

New kayaks aren't even $1000. How the Nigel is yours supposed to be worth that much???

Ps, that was supposed to say "how the hell", but autocorrect changed it to Nigel, and I'm leaving it, lol
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:57 pm

QH's Paw wrote:When I receive my new license for the boat every 2 years there's an example right there, on the paperwork, of what's expected or required. Here, you have to have the spaces and the letters/numbers are required to be minimum 2". Like everyone else has said they also have to be contrasting but, I've never seen or heard of a ticket for no contrast.
Basically, the way it appears on your registration is how it must be on your vessel.

Better check again mike, 3" tall numbers.
http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/BoatReg/pages/ordisplay.aspx
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 am

That's weird, I thought it used to say minimum 2" right on the registration renewal. Maybe I'm just getting old and it actually said 3". I know every boat I've ever owned the letters were already the same height as the state reg stamp.
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 am

QH's Paw wrote:That's weird, I thought it used to say minimum 2" right on the registration renewal. Maybe I'm just getting old and it actually said 3". I know every boat I've ever owned the letters were already the same height as the state reg stamp.

Its probably because, like me, you dont really care what the oregon state marine board says. Mine are painted on, slightly slanted, with a drop shadow, and dont have much contrast to the hull color.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby aunt betty » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Usually the numbers on my boat are covered in mud. The roads I travel put a coat of muddy sand that's like armor.
Washed it off so flint could see.
My dad put them numbers on in 1978.
I think they're for a mailbox. Not changing it.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum