Copperhead sdmm.

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Copperhead sdmm.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Mon May 19, 2014 5:34 pm

I want one of these for my jon boat.
They make these things for light applications. The 18 hp that im interested in is actually 10 lbs lighter than my 15 horse outboard.
Looks like they haul ass pretty good too.
Anybody ever run one? Own one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThtaxSz8tn4
FlintRiverFowler

Re: Copperhead sdmm.

Postby blackrhino » Wed May 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I've got a 18 hp copperhead on my duckboat. Fantastic motor and very light for the HP. Mine runs 26-28 with just me and a hunting load.
blackrhino

Postby RonE » Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:I want one of these for my jon boat.
They make these things for light applications. The 18 hp that im interested in is actually 10 lbs lighter than my 15 horse outboard.

The only thing between you and you having one of those surface drive motors is fear and good sense. With all the motor issues you've had in the past I would like to see you sell the idea to your wife. Then, if she went along with it, and it actually worked well what would you have to bitch about? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Ajverret » Thu May 22, 2014 2:56 am

Check out mudmotorchat.com or mudmotortalk.com both have a lot of info on all type of sd motors
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu May 22, 2014 6:55 am

blackrhino wrote:I've got a 18 hp copperhead on my duckboat. Fantastic motor and very light for the HP. Mine runs 26-28 with just me and a hunting load.

What size is your boat?
Where did you buy it from?
Aren't you in north fla?
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Thu May 22, 2014 7:00 am

RonE wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:I want one of these for my jon boat.

The only thing between you and you having one of those surface drive motors is fear and good sense. With all the motor issues you've had in the past I would like to see you sell the idea to your wife. Then, if she went along with it, and it actually worked well what would you have to bitch about? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's gona be easier to sell her on a motor that cost 4 grand for the time being rather than what I was getting ready to do. which was buy a big ass fancy boat that was gonna cost upwards of 15.
I don't have any problems with the current outboard other than its just not gettin me into some of the places I want to go. also hitting a lot of stumps and submerged logs so its only a matter of time til I knock the foot off or something worse like tearing the entire power head off the mounts. Which happened to me before.
FlintRiverFowler

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum