Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:16 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415474005.952294.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415474017.827799.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415474028.022781.jpg

That's not my boat with the LTMM. Thats rare and elusive WFF member laflamablanca.
Didn't take many pics bc I was just havin a good time and lookin for birds. Very happy with my boat though.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Kewl.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:46 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415483071.083741.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415483085.060437.jpg

Here's a couple more
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:00 pm

You look almost as cool as Dan now!!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:20 pm

That is bad ass
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:23 pm

That thing has a pretty sweet profile.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm

One more from
Today. My next project. A friend gave me this. I really don't know what to call it. A shoddy job of building a hybrid I guess. By project I mean I am going to coat it in the leftover herculiner I have and paint it. Maybe try to use it as a layout.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415494787.084989.jpg
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Don't drown.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:40 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:One more from
Today. My next project. A friend gave me this. I really don't know what to call it. A shoddy job of building a hybrid I guess. By project I mean I am going to coat it in the leftover herculiner I have and paint it. Maybe try to use it as a layout.

Turn it into a skull boat.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Olly wrote:

It's not really long enough I don't think.
Not really sure if I'll be able to put it to good use or not.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
Olly wrote:

It's not really long enough I don't think.
Not really sure if I'll be able to put it to good use or not.

Can you lay down in it? Like flat?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Can't put your feet in the nose. There's a wall there. I'm gonna cut into it...maybe.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Olly » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:54 pm

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Can't put your feet in the nose. There's a wall there. I'm gonna cut into it...maybe.

If you can lay down in it I bet it'd work decent as a redneck skull boat.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 am

DON'T HURCULINER THE BOTTOM! Refiberglass if you want, buy make sure whatever you put on the bottom is smooth. I made the mistake of trying bed liner on the bottom of my kayak to seal it and it's a bitch to drag and get thru vegetation. Even trying to sand it smooth doesn't get it all because of the ribs on the bottom of it so I have to sand that part by hand, and it's not something I've been ambitious enough to get after yet. I'd rather put a slick coat on like gator glide or the like, but that shits expensive.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Ajverret » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:57 am

If ur gunna coat the bottom go with gator glide. Words cannot express how amazing this stuff is. It's a little pricy but well worth it IMO. Super easy application and it's slicker than good shit
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Ajverret » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:58 am

Gatorglide.com Amazing customer service u will not be disappointed. I did my aluminum boat with it pm me with any questions
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 am

Cut this box of shit down this morning around the golf course. Gona see what I can do with it as far as brushing up the blind when I get off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415712572.291222.jpg
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Woody » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:37 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Here's a couple more

That is so bad ass, Flint!
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:49 am

Woody wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:

Here's a couple more

That is so bad ass, Flint!

Thanks. I hope it turns out to be a duck slaying machine. We will find out this weekend.
EDIT: Wait a minute.
NEXT WEEKEND. Not this weekend. Wishful thinking huh.
FlintRiverFowler

Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:Cut this box of shit down this morning around the golf course. Gona see what I can do with it as far as brushing up the blind when I get off.

That should be a damn good start.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:37 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:Cut this box of shit down this morning around the golf course. Gona see what I can do with it as far as brushing up the blind when I get off.

How much does this take?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415720266.524239.jpg
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

How much does this take?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415720266.524239.jpg

I filled an Xl jet sled twice. But all my branches had to be kinda small. Like 1/2" or less in diameter so it would fold up. A hard side blind should go faster because you can use bigger branches. And after mine was folded up and down multiple times I had to fill in bare spots as the season went on.
You'll know pretty quick how much you're going to need when you get started. It covers pretty quick.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am

My blind is substantially smaller than yours too. I'm hoping to gain some height out of these branches.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:02 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:My blind is substantially smaller than yours too. I'm hoping to gain some height out of these branches.

That's the only thing I don't like about mine flooding down. I have to run all the brush for and aft instead of vertically so it will fold. Makes it look a little out of place in some situations.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Duckmaster boat rebuild.

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:My blind is substantially smaller than yours too. I'm hoping to gain some height out of these branches.

That's the only thing I don't like about mine flooding down. I have to run all the brush for and aft instead of vertically so it will fold. Makes it look a little out of place in some situations.

Yeah im gona be attaching mine vertically with zip ties and I'm thinking I'm just going to tie the grass in at the same time with the branches.
Just hope it doesn't blow off.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:10 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Yeah im gona be attaching mine vertically with zip ties and I'm thinking I'm just going to tie the grass in at the same time with the branches.

I'd say try and make it not look uniform. Make some spots with more grass and some with more cedar. Kinda helps break up the outline a little better IMO. And if you have oak trees around anywhere, put a few of those on at the end over everything else. I started doing that this year and it looks awesome.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:11 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

I'd say try and make it not look uniform. Make some spots with more grass and some with more cedar. Kinda helps break up the outline a little better IMO. And if you have oak trees around anywhere, put a few of those on at the end over everything else. I started doing that this year and it looks awesome.

Just the branches? I was thinking abt cutting a few hardwood branches when we get into the spot. There will probly be leaves hanging on to a few but they won't last going down the road.
FlintRiverFowler

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:14 am

FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
FlintRiverFowler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:

Just the branches? I was thinking abt cutting a few hardwood branches when we get into the spot. There will probly be leaves hanging on to a few but they won't last going down the road.

At least around here the oak branches hold onto their leaves till spring. They hold on to the branches through everything I've put them through. 60 down the highways...spray bashing them when I'm going across the bay. Some fall off, but most of the leaves and branches are still intact.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:10 pm

I'll have to cut a few
FlintRiverFowler

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:49 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415746124.711644.jpg

It's a start. I gotta get some color in the mix though. Hoping some of this will turn colors over the next 11 days....
FlintRiverFowler

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum