Boat cover?

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Boat cover?

Postby Duckdog » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Cabelas used to sell a tarp material type of jon boat cover in a camaglage pattern. It had a sewn in square area that also covered up your motor. I've had a couple of these, and they really help prolong the life of the grass on a scissor blind. And, I don't have to worry about shit blowing out of the boat at highway speeds.
Cabelas doesn't list them on their site anymore, and a phone call to them was a waste of 5 minutes...

I think this might be the company that made it, and I'm going to call them this week,

http://classicaccessories.com/boat-cove ... cover.html

But, even they list it as "out of stock". I've checked Macks and they don't appear to have anything like it.
I don't care about the camaflage, it serves no purpose other than it looks good, but I do want a heavy duty canvas type material and not nylon which seems to be what's available.

Anyone have any ideas where I can look?
Duckdog

Re: Boat cover?

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

I'd be going to a local canvas seamstress and having one custom made.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum