Score of the year..

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Score of the year..

Postby Bowjoe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

Wife called said theres a jon boat in the paper for $150.00 went down a 3 seater 12ft flat bottom jon boat .. I called looked great for the river where I hunt and offered $100.00 cash and I am bringing it home.. :mrgreen:
Foiles Migrators Pro-Staff..
Big Guys Best Pro Staff..
Bowjoe

Re: Score of the year..

Postby JGUN » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:57 am

Nice!
JGUN

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:09 am

Post up some pics when you pick it up!
assateague

Postby Westie25 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:26 am

This guys got the fever something fierce. Congratulations on the find bud.
Westie25

Postby Redbeard » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Westie25 wrote:This guys got the fever something fierce. Congratulations on the find bud.

no kidding. Reading his posts makes me feel like a young hunter again. They're actually a breath of fresh air
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:49 pm

I might have a line on a 9.9 evinrude ;)
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 pm

I've killed a lot of birds out of a 12 footer, congratulations.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Westie25 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Redbeard wrote:
Westie25 wrote:This guys got the fever something fierce. Congratulations on the find bud.

no kidding. Reading his posts makes me feel like a young hunter again. They're actually a breath of fresh air

This
Westie25

Postby Bowjoe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

$100.00 for boat found a little trailor got the guy down to $25.00 so boat and trailor for $125.00 not bad now gotta find someone to work on the 1957 evanrude fleetwood 7.5 motor I picked up also..
Bowjoe

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:00 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
assateague

Postby Bowjoe » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 am

Got this classic 1957 Evenrude Flee Twin as a freebee has great compression and has spark guy said he had it running on starting fluid but it wasnt picking or spitting out water..Now rebuild a chevy small block no problem work on this thing no way.. Im gonna have to find someone to our get a manual and try to hack into this myself but this 7.5 and this lite 12ft jon I think it will get me up and down the river no problem.. 1st get it running and then camo the whole thing.. I hope I dont sink more cash into the motor then its worth..
Bowjoe

Postby Goldfish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 pm

How heavy is that motor, and how heavy are you? Those are some shallow sides to that boat to have a lot of weight at the back. Might just be something to be careful with, might be a problem, might be nothing. I think you diss your are taking out your kids tho, so just planting a thought to err on the cautious side.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Said, not diss. Don't know how my phone came up with that one.

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Bowjoe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 am

To be honest I was worried about that myself.. I may just sell the motor and look for a lighter model..
Bowjoe

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:53 am

The boat might be cheaper than the motor if the motor runs fine. Make the boat pretty and sell it for $250 then get yourself a better one :thumbsup: Just takes a little elbow grease. I picked up a boat for $60, fixed the transom, painted it, and sold it for $200 (see the 12ft Sears Fiberglass Project boat thread). If you include the trailer with it, you might be able to get $500 for it. Then you've got a better start towards a bigger boat that can handle a little more weight and waves. Don't know if the river that you hunt has barge traffic, but those suckers can make some waves that still make take some navigating with a bigger boat, but would be doable with a much less risk factor than that little guy.

But, I've never ran one of those boats, I don't know what they can and can't take. I'm just going off pictures and my random thoughts.
Goldfish

Postby Bowjoe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:01 am

Dont get no waves here..I use to use a canoe to get to the islands pull it up on the bank and set decoys and hunt from brush in the timberline.. wont be shooting from the boat much but this little guy is great for what I need it to do..The motor hasnt run in years so it will need to be redone..and the $ for that it will be easier getting a used running motor maybe a newer merc 5hp would be the ticket..
Bowjoe

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am

Would a trolling motor work just as well then? Wouldn't add very much weight between that and a battery and then you aren't paddling. Don't have to worry about fuel issues then either, lol.
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm

I wouldn't want a trolling motor in the Susquehanna. If it rains in the mountains, that thing can get going pretty good.
assateague

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum