Jetjon build

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: Jetjon build

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Well, waiting on parts at the moment. Trying to get the carbs right an after I replaced the jets it all went to hell. Think the fuel lines might be falling apart and fowling the carbs and fuel selector may be stopped up starving the carbs. Cavitation seems decent on flat water but get a bit choppy and starts slipping. Was doing 30 with a hunt load before the jet swap, which were loaded with gunk to half the size they should have been.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Well, waiting on parts at the moment. Trying to get the carbs right an after I replaced the jets it all went to hell. Think the fuel lines might be falling apart and fowling the carbs and fuel selector may be stopped up starving the carbs. Cavitation seems decent on flat water but get a bit choppy and starts slipping. Was doing 30 with a hunt load before the jet swap, which were loaded with gunk to half the size they should have been.

Welcome to the world of jetskis. Haha
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:40 pm

NuffDaddy wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Well, waiting on parts at the moment. Trying to get the carbs right an after I replaced the jets it all went to hell. Think the fuel lines might be falling apart and fowling the carbs and fuel selector may be stopped up starving the carbs. Cavitation seems decent on flat water but get a bit choppy and starts slipping. Was doing 30 with a hunt load before the jet swap, which were loaded with gunk to half the size they should have been.

Welcome to the world of jetskis. Haha

Think we should tell him that temp settings will require re-jetting as well?

I will say that if it gets a lot colder than you jet it for, you can burn up the motor easy by running too lean
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum