Power tech props

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Power tech props

Postby broccoli » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

What do y'all know about them? Pros cons? The old motor needs a new one
broccoli

Re: Power tech props

Postby blackrhino » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:35 pm

broccoli wrote:What do y'all know about them? Pros cons? The old motor needs a new one

I run a Power Tech prop on my Maverick flats boat. 4 blade on a 115 etec. Great hole shot in shallow water. Does not blow out until trimmed way high. Overall not the fastest prop I own but the best for the flats on my boat.
blackrhino

Postby obxbufflehead » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:53 pm

blackrhino wrote:
broccoli wrote:What do y'all know about them? Pros cons? The old motor needs a new one

I run a Power Tech prop on my Maverick flats boat. 4 blade on a 115 etec. Great hole shot in shallow water. Does not blow out until trimmed way high. Overall not the fastest prop I own but the best for the flats on my boat.

What would you put on a boat with a 115 and a jack plate for running in shallow water.

Oh it's a 22' jones bros bateau that is a duck boat.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby blackrhino » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 pm

For a good hole shot I still recommend a 4 blade. If you need more bow lift on that bigger boat you might try a Evinrude Viper.
blackrhino

Postby obxbufflehead » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:38 pm

blackrhino wrote:For a good hole shot I still recommend a 4 blade. If you need more bow lift on that bigger boat you might try a Evinrude Viper.

Ok thanks. I will probably see how it does this coming season and get something after the season closes.

Sent using Tapatalk
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby broccoli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

I have a 40 hp Tohatsu tiller it's got a 13p on it right now I was thinking of dropping down to a 12p to get a litter better hole shot. I know I will lose some top end but I need to get up on plane as fast as possible
broccoli

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum