Go-Devil or Gatortail.

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Go-Devil or Gatortail.

Postby SethChester » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Ok so I want to know what's better for my area, I want to know if I should get a surface drive or Go-devil long shaft? Yes I will be jumping logs and giving it hell. I'll probally be in salt water to. I need something to be able to hit oyster bars with no problem other than the prop.
If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops.
SethChester

Re: Go-Devil or Gatortail.

Postby Flightstopper » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:01 pm

I've never owned one so this is all from recommendations through my research. If you run in hard sand much you will eat up props fast. What boat are you running? Having a hull made for these motors is supposed to help a lot.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 pm

My take on it, surface dives are better for mud (think tidal water), and long tails are better for vegetation (cattails, wild rice).

No scientific proof for this tho
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Olly » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:44 pm

SethChester wrote:Ok so I want to know what's better for my area, I want to know if I should get a surface drive or Go-devil long shaft? Yes I will be jumping logs and giving it hell. I'll probally be in salt water to. I need something to be able to hit oyster bars with no problem other than the prop.

I've owned both go with a surface drive.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby SethChester » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Olly wrote:
SethChester wrote:Ok so I want to know what's better for my area, I want to know if I should get a surface drive or Go-devil long shaft? Yes I will be jumping logs and giving it hell. I'll probally be in salt water to. I need something to be able to hit oyster bars with no problem other than the prop.

I've owned both go with a surface
Thankyou!
SethChester

Postby Gn7715 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Don't waste your money, learn where the oyster bars are and get an outboard be better
Gn7715

Postby SethChester » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Gn7715 wrote:Don't waste your money, learn where the oyster bars are and get an outboard be better

I know my way around I have a 21' flats boat with a 150 yamaha. I want a mud motor.
SethChester

Postby Olly » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:45 pm

SethChester wrote:
Gn7715 wrote:Don't waste your money, learn where the oyster bars are and get an outboard be better

I know my way around I have a 21' flats boat with a 150 yamaha. I want a mud motor.

They are pretty sweet.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Ajverret » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm a gator tail fan I have one and don't think ill own any other brand. Been around all of the other and drive a few others in hooked
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Slingshot » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:29 pm

Ive had three different brands and buy far I would never have anything other than a GDSD,with the galvanized frame. I had a Mudbuddy and a gatortail and the salt killed everything but the motors. This is just my experience with the different frames. The go devil doesn't have all the bells and whistles like trim , reverse or neutral but it never lets me down. Hope this helps.
Team total asalt.
Modded 35 gdsd 1746xpress. Haulin the mail
Take a kid huntin.
Slingshot

Location: Holder steady newt were headdin fer da tadder patch.

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum