Re: Ole Ugly...

Postby tucker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Just a suggestion...

tucker

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 pm

tucker wrote:Just a suggestion...

Hahaha I like that.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
assateague wrote:See. that's what I'm talking about. OBX, you better dig some more.
the only way you CAN hunt here is out of a licensed blind(county game commission issues the license) or on private property above the high water mark, and you better have written permission if you're on property you don't own.

when i was younger, you could get away with hunting out of the marsh as long as you stayed away from registered blinds but in the last few years a couple of the younger boys have caused so many problems that everyone complains about it and calls the law.

You can't hunt from a boat?
assateague

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 pm

assateague wrote:
Bufflehead wrote:
assateague wrote:See. that's what I'm talking about. OBX, you better dig some more.
the only way you CAN hunt here is out of a licensed blind(county game commission issues the license) or on private property above the high water mark, and you better have written permission if you're on property you don't own.

when i was younger, you could get away with hunting out of the marsh as long as you stayed away from registered blinds but in the last few years a couple of the younger boys have caused so many problems that everyone complains about it and calls the law.

only if you have a float blind license. only 125 of these are issued in each of the two counties i mentioned. once you are lucky enough to be drawn for one, i's yours until you give it up or don't renew it.
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
assateague wrote:
Bufflehead wrote:

only if you have a float blind license. only 125 of these are issued in each of the two counties i mentioned. once you are lucky enough to be drawn for one, i's yours until you give it up or don't renew it.

One of my neighbors got one when there were 2 up a few years ago and has yet to use it. He's in his 70s and most likely wont ever use it. I'm going to talk to him this year and see if he will give me written permission to use it or sign it over to me.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm

But you can hunt anywhere public with it, right? It's not like a stationary blind license only for a boat, is it?
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm

assateague wrote:
Bufflehead wrote:

You can for doves.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:What's your definition of younger boys. We hunt out of the marsh all the time and have gotten checked and they didn't have a problem. But it's back in shallowbag and my friend has a blind back there.
not the boys you told me you hunt with. i think these boys are a little older than yall.
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 pm

assateague wrote:But you can hunt anywhere public with it, right? It's not like a stationary blind license only for a boat, is it?

If by stationary blind you mean only one spot, no you can move and hunt where it's legal.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 pm

assateague wrote:But you can hunt anywhere public with it, right? It's not like a stationary blind license only for a boat, is it?

yeah, you can hunt anywhere on the water as long as your 500 yards from other licensed blinds
Bufflehead

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:One of my neighbors got one when there were 2 up a few years ago and has yet to use it. He's in his 70s and most likely wont ever use it. I'm going to talk to him this year and see if he will give me written permission to use it or sign it over to me.

if he won't sign it over, you need to apply every year they have one up for grabs until you get one. i got one the first time i applied, my brother has been applying for a long time and still no luck
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Bufflehead wrote:

And if anything we should call the law on people kneeboarding around is when we are hunting. And it's not like that can't see us. We are in a white boat dove hunting.
obxbufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:One of my neighbors got one when there were 2 up a few years ago and has yet to use it. He's in his 70s and most likely wont ever use it. I'm going to talk to him this year and see if he will give me written permission to use it or sign it over to me.

if he won't sign it over, you need to apply every year they have one up for grabs until you get one. i got one the first time i applied, my brother has been applying for a long time and still no luck

That's what I am going to do. I just got a 22' jones bros that has a scissor rig kind blind on it that is perfect for around here.
obxbufflehead

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum