Postby Redbeard » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Miss Domeyer's ready to rock
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349571546.187541.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349571559.892725.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349571573.828410.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349571587.204453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349571600.820174.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Re: Ole Ugly...

Postby gangrig25 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:58 pm

looks good, Red... :thumbsup: I can see u puttin the sneak on some cans and pins now.
gangrig25

Postby Redbeard » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:06 pm

gangrig25 wrote:looks good, Red... :thumbsup: I can see u puttin the sneak on some cans and pins now.

fingers are crossed. A brant and can are tops on my list to scull

Where ya been gang? We've missed your filthy sense of humor
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Looks good Aaron. I thought for sure when I read the title this was going to be about a girl I used to...... nevermind.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 am

3legged_lab wrote:Looks good Aaron. I thought for sure when I read the title this was going to be about a girl I used to...... nevermind.

That's okay Tripod, I thought there would be pictures of the tavern, at closing time. :lol:
QH's Paw

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

After further research, I can use a scull boat here. As long as I'm 800 yards from the nearest shore. Yes, I said 800.

Stupid laws we have are still stuck back in the days of sneak boats, punt guns, and market hunters. That's where the "no sculling" and "no water swatting" come from. Dumbasses.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 am

assateague wrote:After further research, I can use a scull boat here. As long as I'm 800 yards from the nearest shore. Yes, I said 800.

Stupid laws we have are still stuck back in the days of sneak boats, punt guns, and market hunters. That's where the "no sculling" and "no water swatting" come from. Dumbasses.

damn 800 yards? How's the water that far out? Choppy?
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:59 am

Generally not anything I'd want to be out in a scull boat in. And with the tide, I'm not entirely certain I'd ever get back in, or go in the direction I wanted. Probably get run over by somebody in a 22 foot War Eagle sea ducking, anyway.
assateague

Postby blackrhino » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 am

Red cool looking boat but looks Tippy.
blackrhino

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 am

blackrhino wrote:Red cool looking boat but looks Tippy.

believe it or not, they're very stable
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:37 am

Boat looks good Red, are you just going to pole it?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:43 am

No its a scull boat. You scull it
Redbeard

Postby Olly » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:47 am

Redbeard wrote:No its a scull boat. You scull it

Shows how much I know about scull boats... wikipedia here I come.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

assateague wrote:Generally not anything I'd want to be out in a scull boat in. And with the tide, I'm not entirely certain I'd ever get back in, or go in the direction I wanted. Probably get run over by somebody in a 22 foot War Eagle sea ducking, anyway.

Dumb rule. Scull where you want, looks like 800 yards to me.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Olly wrote:
Redbeard wrote:No its a scull boat. You scull it

Shows how much I know about scull boats... wikipedia here I come.

go to domeyerscullboats.com. Good pictures and descriptions
Redbeard

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:Generally not anything I'd want to be out in a scull boat in. And with the tide, I'm not entirely certain I'd ever get back in, or go in the direction I wanted. Probably get run over by somebody in a 22 foot War Eagle sea ducking, anyway.

Generally, I disregard the sillier regs, but I don't think I could get caught in a 15 foot wide gut and explain it away as 800 yards.
assateague

Postby Redbeard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:58 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Generally, I disregard the sillier regs, but I don't think I could get caught in a 15 foot wide gut and explain it away as 800 yards.

yea that'd be a tough one. Tell him your near sighted
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Find the definition of shoreline. On the Great Lakes it is measured from the recognized high water mark. With the low water there is plenty of places I could be 800 yards from the high water mark an only be in 3' o water. Wouldn't work for a 15'cut but might open up some opportunities at low tide?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby assateague » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:23 pm

It's pretty much a whole other zone here, marked on DNR maps as the "Sea Duck Zone" or "Gunning Rig Zone". Different limits, different ducks open (eider, scoter, long tails) the whole nine yards. PITA.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm

assateague wrote:After further research, I can use a scull boat here. As long as I'm 800 yards from the nearest shore. Yes, I said 800.

Where do you find the laws. Would like to know what it is in NC.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 am

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I just can't see the DEC actually enforcing that. Most can't even ID some ducks let alone know there is a reg like that.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am

Our DNR and waterfowlers have an intense hatred for each other going back over 100 years. They LOVE citing people for obscure ridiculous regs. And no, they can't ID ducks, but that doesn't stop them from writing tickets. I don't know anybody who's got a citation for anything bird-in-hand related (and I know a lot of people who've got tickets, probably almost half of the people I know). They're all for BS regs- not being anchored, no noisemaker, being above mean high-water mark, shooting one minute before or one minute after, that sort of thing. They're d***s.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Well I just found this and it doesnt say I can't scull boat in here so I think I might have to try it
In addition to state regulations, the following federal rules apply
to the taking, possession, shipping, transporting and storing
of migratory game birds. No persons shall take migratory
game birds:
 With a trap, snare, net, rifle, pistol, swivel gun, shotgun larger
than 10 gauge, punt gun, battery gun, machinegun, fish hook,
poison, drug, explosive, or stupefying substance;
 With a shotgun of any description capable of holding more than
three shells, unless it is plugged with a one-piece filler, incapable
of removal without disassembling the gun, so its total capacity
does not exceed three shells. This restriction does not apply
during dates states have selected under the Conservation Order
for light geese (i.e. greater and lesser snow and Ross’s geese) or
those selected for the control of resident Canada geese.
 From or by means, aid, or use of a sinkbox or any other type of
low-floating device, having a depression affording the hunter a
means of concealment beneath the surface of the water;
 From or by means, aid, or use of any motor vehicle, motor-driven
land conveyance, or aircraft of any kind, except that paraplegics
and persons missing one or both legs may take from any station -
ary motor vehicle or stationary motor-driven land conveyance;
 From or by means of any motorboat or other craft having a
motor attached, or any sailboat, unless the motor has been
completely shut off and/or the sails furled, and its progress
there from has ceased;
 By the use or aid of live birds as decoys; although not limited to,
it shall be a violation of this paragraph for any person to take
migratory waterfowl on an area where tame or captive live ducks
or geese are present unless such birds are and have been for a
period of 10 consecutive days prior to such taking, confined
within an enclosure which substantially reduces the audibility
of their calls and totally conceals such birds from the sight of
wild migratory waterfowl;
 By the use or aid of recorded or electrically amplified bird calls
or sounds, or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of
bird calls or sounds. This restriction does not apply during dates
states have selected under the Conservation Order for light
geese (i.e. greater and lesser snow and Ross’s geese) or those
selected for the control of resident Canada geese.
 By means or aid of any motor-driven land, water, or air conveyance,
or any sailboat used for the purpose of or resulting in the con -
centrating, driving, rallying, or stirring up of any migratory bird;
 By the aid of baiting, or on or over any baited area, where a
person knows or reasonably should know that the area is or
has been baited.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby assateague » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 pm

The very first sentence says IN ADDITION TO STATE REGS, meaning there's a whole slew of other ones out there. These are the federal standards- may want to check your state specific regs.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 pm

assateague wrote:The very first sentence says IN ADDITION TO STATE REGS, meaning there's a whole slew of other ones out there. These are the federal standards- may want to check your state specific regs.

These were on the state site under state regs.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:Well I just found this and it doesnt say I can't scull boat in here so I think I might have to try it

just don't try it in dare county or currituck county. county laws say you can't hunt from anything that floats without having a float blind license.
Bufflehead

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm

See. that's what I'm talking about. OBX, you better dig some more.
assateague

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:Well I just found this and it doesnt say I can't scull boat in here so I think I might have to try it

just don't try it in dare county or currituck county. county laws say you can't hunt from anything that floats without having a float blind license.

I was waiting for you to see this. I saw that and thought the same thing today.
obxbufflehead

Postby Bufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:20 pm

assateague wrote:See. that's what I'm talking about. OBX, you better dig some more.
the only way you CAN hunt here is out of a licensed blind(county game commission issues the license) or on private property above the high water mark, and you better have written permission if you're on property you don't own.

when i was younger, you could get away with hunting out of the marsh as long as you stayed away from registered blinds but in the last few years a couple of the younger boys have caused so many problems that everyone complains about it and calls the law.
Bufflehead

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Bufflehead wrote:
assateague wrote:See. that's what I'm talking about. OBX, you better dig some more.
the only way you CAN hunt here is out of a licensed blind(county game commission issues the license) or on private property above the high water mark, and you better have written permission if you're on property you don't own.

when i was younger, you could get away with hunting out of the marsh as long as you stayed away from registered blinds but in the last few years a couple of the younger boys have caused so many problems that everyone complains about it and calls the law.

What's your definition of younger boys. We hunt out of the marsh all the time and have gotten checked and they didn't have a problem. But it's back in shallowbag and my friend has a blind back there.
obxbufflehead

Next

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum