blind build ??'s

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

blind build ??'s

Postby deerchaser06 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Bought a used excel 1754 w/ a 4500BD. Came w/a Mudbuddy pop up that I know I am not going to be happy with. Going to build a custom blind. Two ?'s. I plan to use conduit or copper for the frame. Both have +'s but would appreciate your thoughts/opinions. I'm leaning towards copper mostly because I can make nice clean conections w/T's, elbows.....I don't have access to a TIG welder or would probably go with alum. tube.
Second ? is about heater lines. Flexible or soft copper from the 20lb. LP tank to the heaters? I'll attach all rigid to hull but wounder about the beating both on and off the trailer. I guess if you do it right both will work but would appreciate thoughts or your personel experience or maybe you have a better way.
Thanks guys and I'll try and post pics of the build.
deerchaser06

Re: blind build ??'s

Postby team216 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:50 pm

I'm in the process of building mine, I used rigid for the base like you plan to do, and I'm using emt for the frame which just got starteed today. I used emt for cost reasons and availability, I would have had to special order pretty much and other type of tubing. I'm not a metal expert but copper seems to be to soft? Maybe it's just me.
Welding the rigid went simple, figuring out the wire speed for the emt and welding it took some getting use to though. I might have missed something b but my screens small and I'm trying to dodge the boss while typing
team216

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum