Any Kayak hunters out there?

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Any Kayak hunters out there?

Postby Zed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm

New to this forum. Been waterfowling for years out of a kayak in PA. Anybody else out there hunting out of a yak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Zed

Re: Any Kayak hunters out there?

Postby Olly » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Welcome to the forums! I don't hunt from a kayak but I'm sure a few of our guys do and will reply soon.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Welcome! I dont have a kayak, but I do have a Marsh Rat that I hunt out of sometimes. Its similar in ways.

My buddy and I both have one.
Here she is hiding
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby FlintRiverFowler » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:00 am

Zed wrote:New to this forum. Been waterfowling for years out of a kayak in PA. Anybody else out there hunting out of a yak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've done it a lot. It's a pain in waders with gear paddling upstream in a river. Never shot from it. Just pull it out and cover it with leaves and branches when I get to my spot. I don't want to paint mine bc I use it to float the river in the summer too. If I could afford something motorized I'd ditch the kayak. not worth it around here bc most spots are moving water. May be different where you are. But just my.02.

Sent using tapatalk
FlintRiverFowler

Postby Goldfish » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:12 pm

If by kayak you mean like my Carstens pintail, then yes I hunt out of a kayak, lol

sent from a phancy fone
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby quackedup » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Zed,

I hunt out of the MarshHunter (pontoon boat previously built by AVERY) and also have two K15 Kayaks by Olde Town. The Kayak's are awesome both for fishing and hunting. The cockpit has a rounded front which allows for a fully inclined position and plenty of room for hunters with big feet (Large Waders). I wear a size 14 Wader and most of the other Kayaks that I have used do not allow for any good leg room when you are laying in the bottom of the kayak. I purchased two of these kayaks in 2009 and use them for hauling out Deer during archery season. They are very light, easy to haul, and very price competitive. Check them out if you can. I have used about every type of layout boat available and would prefer to "hunt" from the kayak. Of course, I hunt shallow water (hip deep) or less. I have taken standing shots from this rig without the fear of dumping. I can send you some photo's if interested. They are easy to camo by using nylon fish seins with natural vegetation or synthetic grass bundles.

I have been away from the Forum for a number of years and your request prompted me to join up again.

Happy New Year
quackedup

Postby Goldfish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Welcome back to the dark side
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby RichardZed » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Hunted out of the yak today. It's a 14 ft old town predator. Great for the creeks in PA but a pain to try and paddle up current in the Susquehanna.
RichardZed

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum