Unclog your pee hole

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Unclog your pee hole

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:46 pm

I've had it happen, we all have. You look back and there's no water coming out the indicator. Carry a piece of wire the right diameter and you can stop, ream out the hole by poking the wire into the hole. Some places are so trashy that I have to stop several times before I get to a hole. Check the intakes while you're fiddling with the wire. A decoy line might fit. Does on mine.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Unclog your pee hole

Postby Deltaman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Weed eater line works pretty good for this as well.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Throbbin Rods » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:14 am

Plus 1 for the weedeater line. I keep a couple of pieces in both boats. I worry wire might poke a hole in the line
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Darren » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:48 am

I use a piece of the same heavy mono I rig decoys with or weedeater line. Also, I keep a small long handled brush in the back of the boat so I can reach the water intake grates on the outboard to scrub off the grass and other particles that clog it :thumbsup:
Darren

Postby Deltaman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:59 am

I keep a small long handled brush in the back of the boat so I can reach the water intake grates on the outboard to scrub off the grass and other particles that clog it :thumbsup:

Excellent idea!!! It is a PIA to try and reach down that far on an outboard when trying to clear the intake grates, hoping that the motor lock does not give way :shock: Watched a friend in high school take a face first dive when trying to change a shear pin on an old motor, and the lock gave way.........it was funny to me..........but it wasn't to him :lol:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 pm

I use one of them brushes you use to clean your golf clubs for the intakes or just splash water on them til they're clear. Most places I run its shallow and you can hop out and wade. Sloppy, trashy, beaver runs.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:15 am

Got given a boat engine this year. It came with a new water pump assembly. I out it on and this 15 hp johnson pees like a 40 horse yamaha. OMG I've never had a motor shoot water in a two foot stream like that. With I could pee like that too.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:16 am

Typos. ..lol. my thumbs are huge today.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:24 pm

richbraman wrote:
aunt betty wrote:I've had it happen, we all have. You look back and there's no water coming out the indicator. Carry a piece of wire the right diameter and you can stop, ream out the hole by poking the wire into the hole. Some places are so trashy that I have to stop several times before I get to a hole. Check the intakes while you're fiddling with the wire. A decoy line might fit. Does on mine.

Just remember your tell tale could be clogged and the impeller is still working fine. Most older smaller motors you can open the cowling, disconnect the plastic tell tale from the rubber hose and see if the rubber hose is clear by blowing through it. It usually goes up to the thermostat and if water is coming from the thermostat then everything is ok. If not its a bad t-stat or a bad impellar. If you take the tstat off you should have water coming out the space is was attached to. If not you have a clogged intake (rare) or a bad impeller.

Please haul your boat to rainey brake wma and participate in the boat race once. (if they still allow that)
You'll understand the inside joke that's going on here in the thread then.
Flooded timber in fall will clog your intakes especially if you're the 13th boat thru the lane at 4 am.
Nearly roasted a good evinrude there a few years back. They get hot when the water is cut off???
That's "when steam comes out your pee hole".
aunt betty

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum