1999 25HP JOHNSON GETTING WATER INSIDE ENGINE HOUSING

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: 1999 25HP JOHNSON GETTING WATER INSIDE ENGINE HOUSING

Postby Goldfish » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:26 pm

I would be more worried about your tell tail line being cracked or some water jacket. Did you try starting the motor back up with the cover off to look for leaks?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Deltaman » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:54 pm

Goldie's advice is the best: "Did you try starting the motor back up with the cover off to look for leaks?" Be sure of cours,e that you have it in a tank or have muffs on the foot intake, but that exercise will tell the tale.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Did you get that motor off one of the outlaw oosers. Someone just sold a '99 Johnson like yours.
Just curious and do what Goldfish said, take some pictures, and post them up here if you can.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 pm

It might be something that only shows under full throttle too, and I thought you weren't supposed to do that with water muffs?
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:54 pm

You need one of these.
20160224_135308.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:28 pm

WAREAGLE1542 wrote:you arent kiddin!! every 55 gallon metal barrel i try to get my hands on never has a lid or band on it. lol.
It is bad to run an OMC small motor on muffs. (I heard)
aunt betty

Postby aunt betty » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:15 pm

WAREAGLE1542 wrote:i havent ever heard that before, but i am sort of new to this so there are a lot of things that i havent heard about. haha. as long as the water line is above the water intakes on the bottom of the motor, i should be good shouldnt i?

Are you on facebook? If so look for Acorn Ries, send a friend request and I'll add you to the boat racing secret group called High Performance Tillers (outlaw oosers). It's a bunch of duck hunting power boat racing ppl from the south. Couple of them guys have JON boats that go 70+ mph.
aunt betty

Postby Goldfish » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:35 pm

WAREAGLE1542 wrote:i havent ever heard that before, but i am sort of new to this so there are a lot of things that i havent heard about. haha. as long as the water line is above the water intakes on the bottom of the motor, i should be good shouldnt i?

Yes, but I still wouldn't crack her wide open. There isn't much water in there and when that prop starts spinning it moves around quick. Can blow out the side of your container too. Seen that before when using a plastic tub
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:20 am

It's not. Not at all. Lol
Goldfish

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum