Trailer squeaks

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Trailer squeaks

Postby aunt betty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:18 am

It's something that has plagued me on pretty much every boat trailer I've had.
They squeak on every little bump.
If I spray some PB Blaster on where the springs attach to the frame it cures it but not for long.
What will work better? Thinking lithium grease spray but as soon as I pick something someone will suggest a better choice so figured I'd ask first.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Re: Trailer squeaks

Postby outboardman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 am

Some good waterproof Grease will do the trick

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Got to love the mud.
outboardman

Postby Deltaman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am

aunt betty wrote:It's something that has plagued me on pretty much every boat trailer I've had.
They squeak on every little bump.
If I spray some PB Blaster on where the springs attach to the frame it cures it but not for long.
What will work better? Thinking lithium grease spray but as soon as I pick something someone will suggest a better choice so figured I'd ask first.

My big trailer squeaks like hell too AB, and I just spent $800+ replacing axle, springs, all U-bolts, etc....., but know that nothing is wrong. I did commit a sin yesterday though...........when we arrived at the launch, my better half mentioned that the trailer was squeaking more than usual, and happened to ask if I had changed the ball out (duck boat has a 1 7/8 ball, and big boat has a 2 1/4), and damn glad she happened to think about it :o Thankfully, my big boat is tongue heavy, and we made it to the launch fine, but that could've easily been a major fuck up on the road.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 am

Found a tube of lithium in the garage so I basically gave the squeaky parts a good rub down. No more squeaking but so far it hasn't been wet. It's so damned hot that I'm not even trying to go out. Sweating it out to watch empty skies? Aw hell no.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum