No votes
Second photo from top
No votes
Third Photo from top
100%

Total votes : 2

Floating Pallet duck blind help?

Postby blgreene89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:50 am

So I have started a new project that's to get two floating duck blinds ready out of pallet flooring and sides the top were going light with spray painted tarp then brushing the outside with natural vegetation. The plan is to floating before opening day in November here in North Carolina. Just a couple of reasons one is you can move it anytime and it floating up and down due to water height. I started building one with an idea in mind, but one of my buddies recommended to me I needed to change the order of the barrels for stability in order to walk around in it without sinking or flipping. You guys tell me what you think, please?

The most people I can think of in this blind will be 5 person(s) and one grown lab.

The way I had planned to build it was 4 ft wide (one pallet width) and 4 pallets long making it 13.3 ft in length, and start attaching barrels from the outsides working my way to the inner pallet with the barrels.

My idea below just mine would be longer probably...

underneath barrel.jpg

My buddy told me to either make it wider so we can get 2 barrels under it for stability like this...

double barrel.jpg

Or put the barrels on the outsides like this..

outside barrel.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Blake
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
blgreene89

Re: Floating Pallet duck blind help?

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Third photo will be the most stable. Years and years ago we had one with flotation under it that had to be stabilized with pipe pilings that are probably still messing up that location.
Rick

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum