Wetlander or Gatorglide

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Wetlander or Gatorglide

Postby PorkChop » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:02 pm

Any of you have any experience with either one of these products? I would like to put one of them on the bottom of my Fatboy and Fatboy DP. I am not worried so much about cruising through the water faster or ease of paddling. Just want to mainly protect the bottoms better.
PorkChop

Re: Wetlander or Gatorglide

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:06 pm

I’ve used gator glide on my 18’ flat bottom boat and it’s great at reducing friction. Don’t think it’s the route to go for protecting the bottom of your boat though. Parts of mine came off after a season or two.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby PorkChop » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Duck Engr wrote:I’ve used gator glide on my 18’ flat bottom boat and it’s great at reducing friction. Don’t think it’s the route to go for protecting the bottom of your boat though. Parts of mine came off after a season or two.

Good to know then! Do you know of any products that are made to protect the bottom of a fiberglass boat like that?
PorkChop

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:30 pm

There’s this stuff called steel flex that I put on my boat last year. Made by fasco epoxy. I put it on last year. Isn’t near as slick as gator glide but seems to be holding up better.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby PorkChop » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:29 pm

Thank you I will look into that stuff as well. As I mentioned I’m not too worried about the smoothness in the water as most of our potholes are pretty small. Less than a football field. If anything I will mostly be using it as a blind in the cattails where it’s too muddy to stand.

I use to have a Delta duck boat which was a fiberglass boat that they said was a cross between a kayak and a canoe. I bought it from a place in Arkansas. Cannot find that thing online for the life of me but it was a fantastic little boat. I wore the bottom out on that one and I just did a fiberglass repair kit and it was good as new. Unfortunately I sold it to a buddy up there when I got orders out. He ended up moving to Kansas and one time during a rain storm it was a flash flood situation and he had it too close to the edge of the water. It was pulled into a culvert and snapped in half. I was hoping to buy it back from him as lots of great memories. You could stand on the very end of that thing and it was as stable as could be.
PorkChop

Postby PorkChop » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:31 pm

Also for the record I saw the nasty comments made to me and to the moderators. Decided not to reply and take the highroad. They were deleted pretty fast and he has not been seen since.
PorkChop

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:00 pm

PorkChop wrote:Also for the record I saw the nasty comments made to me and to the moderators. Decided not to reply and take the highroad. They were deleted pretty fast and he has not been seen since.
Much appreciated. Yes, two members were removed from the forum after ample warnings.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:03 pm

PorkChop wrote:Thank you I will look into that stuff as well. As I mentioned I’m not too worried about the smoothness in the water as most of our potholes are pretty small. Less than a football field. If anything I will mostly be using it as a blind in the cattails where it’s too muddy to stand.

I use to have a Delta duck boat which was a fiberglass boat that they said was a cross between a kayak and a canoe. I bought it from a place in Arkansas. Cannot find that thing online for the life of me but it was a fantastic little boat. I wore the bottom out on that one and I just did a fiberglass repair kit and it was good as new. Unfortunately I sold it to a buddy up there when I got orders out. He ended up moving to Kansas and one time during a rain storm it was a flash flood situation and he had it too close to the edge of the water. It was pulled into a culvert and snapped in half. I was hoping to buy it back from him as lots of great memories. You could stand on the very end of that thing and it was as stable as could be.
I have something similar but it’s molded out of plastic. Called a beavertail phantom. We call that style boat a slough boat.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum