Teal season 2020

Teal season 2020

Postby BGkirk » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:01 pm

9-19
Lease - refuge pond (no blind)
After taking notes last weekend it was almost like the same birds teal from dec/Jan had returned and were eating up this one area. So that was where we ended up yesterday morning and shot 10 and picked up 8.
Believe we had 4 ops. Other 2 shooters struggled a tad. Other than that it was far less traffic than last weekend.
Highlight was 6 pins getting right over the decoys as soon as we got setup and the same for 4 mottles and 4 spoons later in the morning.
Wind was excellent, was a very nice morning to be doing anything outside.
As mentioned in another post Cameron still has a curfew of 6am (which for some reason was thought to be lifted after reading on KPLC). Boat was in the water and was still fairly dark at shooting time so I don’t think we missed any ops, but still don’t like rushing. It’s almost like public land with vehicles speeding towards the coast. I could hear one other group shooting in the marsh.

We hunted out of a small boat pulled up in the whips. Almost would rather do that all season than have to brush our blinds,
Now with even less natural cover post storm. Debris is everywhere. Freezers, lumber, and any house hold item you could think of. We antiqued a little yesterday and picked up a nice buck mount (8pt), very nice wooden bench that will prolly be used in the pit. Can’t imagine all my belongings never to be seen again.

May not go back next weekend, assuming it’ll be even higher water with the rain. And give the linemen some space. There making quick progress setting poles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BGkirk

Re: Teal season 2020

Postby BGkirk » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Nephew Simon. The entertainer, who does not like to go without entertainment or it is “BORING”

BGkirk

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 am

"Picked up a nice buck mount" :lol:

The stories that buck could tell........ nice find!
Darren

Postby BGkirk » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:36 am

9-24-20
Invite from friend - Sweetlake area pasture
7 bwt
Friend his brother and me + Boone
Jumped 100-150 in the newly flooded areas on the way out. Just as we got the guns loaded a group was came in. What I thought was gonna be over in a hurry after that slowed big time. Felt dark even @5 when we finally got setup. Some
Plainly bumped off mojos and others wanted the new flooded areas.
Oh how nice it is to just put the gun and bag in the truck and go, forgot how nice that is.
Usually isn’t, but after the rain it was a swimming pasture for Boone.

BGkirk

Return to BGkirk 2020-2021