Well here it comes ,going to busy

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

Well here it comes ,going to busy

Postby Duplex Lover » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:48 pm

If I was in to archery I'd be gone today , but I'm not so I have to sit around a little longer.
The 15th is the kick off of fall bear and wolf, yes I'll be out for that one, I have the 45/70 set with 400 gr and zeroed at 1" high at 150 yards. It's a marlin CB and holds 10 in the gun should be plenty. I'll have to slip in some goosing on the 28th to I think.
October 12 is antelope, got a buck tag for North of the Missouri and south of Canada. The 22/250 and partition 60 grainers zeroed at 200 yards should take care of that. If we drop the goats early we will have to try to shoot a bunch of Pheasants.
October 26 General deer and elk. I didn't get any special tags for ether but the over the counter licenses will let my take a buck ( either kind ) or white tail doe. I'll use the 243 and a 85 gr for them or maybe the 870 we will see.. Elk depending on where I'm hunting is generally some kind of bull, some places is cow some branch antler. The 35 wheelen should be the go to here haven't decided yet.
AND some place in here if I get a swan tag I'll have to work some thing out for them too.
Well that's my tentative plans till Thanks giving, Then I plan on hammering the coyotes till spring. :thumbsup:
YOU ?? :o
Sky blasting again...
Coyotes-R-Us
Duplex Lover

Re: Well here it comes ,going to busy

Postby bill herian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:34 am

Excellent pre-game report, Duper.

Archery starts two weeks from now, but I don't really care to do any sort of hunting until theres frost in the forecast.

Keep us posted as the body count starts to climb. :thumbsup:
bill herian

Return to Big Game Hunting