BUFFALO! !!!!!

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

Re: BUFFALO! !!!!!

Postby bill herian » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:22 am

Awesome stuff.

I put the sneak on a buffalo whilst mule deer hunting in North Dakota years back. I didn't realize how big it was until i crested the hill at 40 yards. Obscenely huge animal. It saw me and ran back into the Teddy Roosevelt National Park.
bill herian

Postby quackhead » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:16 am

If a dumb question is asked then I shall give the obvious answer. Look for the dick!
But also the cows have a more slender face and their horns turn in.
Thanks guys
And yes I know olly! :thumbsup:
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:22 am

I agree with Quackhead, totally different type of hunting. Actually, similar to antelope but, at a slower pace and several other people hunting the herd(s) at the same time. Considering how many different people there were trying to fill tags, it actually was not too bad. There were a few times that a dumbass would interject themselves into the mix and, shoot at moving animals and/or in a tight group but, for the most part, everyone realized early on that working together would get it done.
That we know of, there were 4 people that shot bulls with cow tags, The game cop would check there shit and, as long as it wasn't a trophy bull, they were allowed to keep the entire animal and received a ticket for around $200. It is difficult to tell the young bulls from mature cows. Quackhead and his wife passed on a questionable one they were positive on because it was just not worth the risk with so many animals inside the hunt area. The buffalo ended up being shot by another hunter and they were right, it was a cow. Worked out great just the same.
As for skinning the animal, it was fairly tough and yes knifes were sharpened quite a bit. We were being extra careful too. Don't want a bunch of nicks in the rug.
It is crazy how thick their hide and, even more so, their fur is. It's thicker than bear. When animals were shot, often there was no visible blood. The one exception I saw was Jenny's buffalo. Jenny saw enough of the big guns shooting multiple times and made the decision to take a heart shot. Her cow stumbled a bit and tipped over.
QH's Paw

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 am

bill herian wrote:Awesome stuff.

I put the sneak on a buffalo whilst mule deer hunting in North Dakota years back. I didn't realize how big it was until i crested the hill at 40 yards. Obscenely huge animal. It saw me and ran back into the Teddy Roosevelt National Park.

You had a mule deer tag in North Dakota!!!???! Those things are hard as hell to draw! I hope you shot a fuggin monster!
Bulldog0156

Postby bill herian » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:06 pm

I bought it over the counter. Didn't see many deer. One that probably went 190.

It was a stupid hunt. It was recommended to us by a guy that my dad worked with. Turns out they just wait by the holes in the fence of the national park and shoot big park bucks when they come out to eat in the fields, but we didn't find that out until we got there. That's not really our thing, so we took to the hills, but I really don't see how it would be possible to sneak a deer in that terrain.

If I had a rifle, I could have shot a couple good ones, but only saw one monster.
bill herian

Postby assateague » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 pm

You really should have sat on it and took a pic, so I could have posted the "Guy on a buffalo" videos, dammit.
assateague

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:48 am

QH's Paw wrote:Fuckin aye buffalo down!!!

That's good stuff man!!!! Dat's alot of great meat right there! Sounds like you guys had a blast.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby 3200 Man » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 am

Mike

That was quite a hunt for the little Lady , a hunt to remember over a very good meal . You Folks put the time and effort
in to be successful showing your hunting ability . Thanks for the up-date of the hunts , both waterfowl and the Beast as they
gave us Couch Potatoes time of reminiscence of the past .

Did you use the services of the horse and sled to get it out ?

Thanks
3200 Man

Postby quackhead » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:52 am

3200 Man wrote:Mike

That was quite a hunt for the little Lady , a hunt to remember over a very good meal . You Folks put the time and effort
in to be successful showing your hunting ability . Thanks for the up-date of the hunts , both waterfowl and the Beast as they
gave us Couch Potatoes time of reminiscence of the past .

Did you use the services of the horse and sled to get it out ?

Thanks

Yes we did. These are the pics of it being loaded. I'll try to get some pics of the sled on here later unless paw puts them on
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:27 am

Here are the one's I have.

QH's Paw

Postby assateague » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:32 am

I'm really jealous. Having that much meat in the freezer would make me happier than a puppy with two peckers.
assateague

Postby 3200 Man » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

QUACKHEAD

Thanks for the pic's , I met that old boy and got to lesson to some funny stories he had of retrieving animals for folks .
It was great to see your wife , with a great smile and the love you and your dad had sharing her experience and good shooting .
In most cases , fellas that work the hardest to have fun , have the most success ! Now , watching someone pack-out your game
is always more fun , than doing it yourself :D :clap: I've always liked that option too !

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND KEEP WARM

3200 man
3200 Man

Postby jarbo03 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:04 pm

Good stuff Chris, congrats to Jennifer.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4