They're still around

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

They're still around

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Started my conditioning walks 2 weeks ago. This morning's walk, we already started seeing the elk.
Pretty sure the big bull I saw last bow season was with them. It's not easy to pinpoint for sure because his antlers have already been dropped. I'll have to find a decent camera to start carrying along from here out so I can try and get some pictures.
Damn it was a wet one. It has been pouring rain here for a few days now. Probably why the elk were up and feeding at 11:00.
QH's Paw

Re: They're still around

Postby bill herian » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 pm

All I really want in life is to live where there are elk.

Having a job, and a house with things in it, are just formalities. It's all so I can go elk hunting.
bill herian

Postby QH's Paw » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:46 pm

bill herian wrote:All I really want in life is to live where there are elk.

Having a job, and a house with things in it, are just formalities. It's all so I can go elk hunting.

They're in every western state. Surely one of the states has what ever you do for a living. What do you do for a living?
QH's Paw

Postby sws002 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:08 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
bill herian wrote:All I really want in life is to live where there are elk.

They're in every western state. Surely one of the states has what ever you do for a living. What do you do for a living?

Clearly he would like to hunt elk.
To achieve success, one must possess dedication, passion and a boatload of decoys.
#LagunaMadre2k14
sws002

Postby jehler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm

Beel claims to work at some kitchen or something, but it's pretty obvious when you meet him that he's a Jedi knight
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:28 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Started my conditioning walks 2 weeks ago. This morning's walk, we already started seeing the elk.
Pretty sure the big bull I saw last bow season was with them. It's not easy to pinpoint for sure because his antlers have already been dropped. I'll have to find a decent camera to start carrying along from here out so I can try and get some pictures.
Damn it was a wet one. It has been pouring rain here for a few days now. Probably why the elk were up and feeding at 11:00.

Damn, seems early to be dropping! I saw 15 bulls yesterday morning, 14 still had both sides. Most were raghorns but there were a few decent 6 points. Maybe next week?
Bulldog0156

Return to Big Game Hunting