Gonna try to be a deer hunter this year.

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

Re: Gonna try to be a deer hunter this year.

Postby assateague » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Oh.
assateague

Postby Ajverret » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm

I was at the Tyndall AFB a few weeks ago near Panama City and they have deer hunting areas on base hopefully I can make a hunt with my cousin that is stationed there an the best part is the deer or just not afraid o ppl I couldn't get over that
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 am

Deer management unit translates to doe slaughter house to this guy. They really think those small bucks can be something?
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 am

The whole QDMA concept is just screwy, in my mind. It just doesn't work, and even their own studies have shown it doesn't work. Not only that, but the goals of QDMA are actually contrary to the well-being of the species, and it just doesn't work under anything besides super-controlled circumstances. It's just a money-making industry, that's it.
assateague

Postby TNAL45 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 pm

We get no does during rifle, zero, zilch, none. This is the first year we even get a two day doe muzzleloader season.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:37 pm

TheDude wrote:We get no does during rifle, zero, zilch, none. This is the first year we even get a two day doe muzzleloader season.

That's how my county is but we can take our does during archery
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 pm

If I got a new bow string, I could shoot all the does that I want in the cities. Our farm we can take 5 deer (only 1 being a buck) per person. No matter what you use be it bow, rifle/slug, or muzzleloader, you can only take 1 buck a year in MN.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Goldfish » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:32 pm

This weekend is our rifle season. Here's to hopping to get a deer at first light Saturday morning so that I can go out for ducks the rest of the weekend :beer:
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm

Goldfish wrote:This weekend is our rifle season. Here's to hopping to get a deer at first light Saturday morning so that I can go out for ducks the rest of the weekend :beer:

I do the opposite. Better get my ducks for the day so I can nap in a treestand(aka deer hunting)
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Got a nice 6 point coming in.

WGI_0130_a.JPG

WGI_0132_a.JPG

Also got this smaller 8 coming in.

WGI_0001_a.JPG

And even 3 miles into the woods I've got some unwanted visitors...

WGI_0011_a.JPG

WGI_0119_a.JPG

I really wish I had known about the guys before I left my camera out there again. They had to have saw it so I guess if they didn't take it the first time they will leave it alone. I think the first guy found the trail we made and then probably told the 2nd guy. My stand which is to the right about 60 yards was left un-harmed too.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Is it private land? I don't deer hunt on public land. Too many idiots out there.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:24 pm

No my friends property butts up to a national forest. When I went out there tonight I noticed four wheeler tracks along the outside of his fence and onto an old fire trail we use to get to our stands. I never thought I would see people out there.

Sent using Tapatalk
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Eric Haynes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Olly wrote:No my friends property butts up to a national forest. When I went out there tonight I noticed four wheeler tracks along the outside of his fence and onto an old fire trail we use to get to our stands. I never thought I would see people out there.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would post it and make sure they know you saw them in there. Not that all people are out to get you, but you could be in the stand pulling up on a buck and one of those yahoos will come screaming through on a wheeler.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Olly wrote:No my friends property butts up to a national forest. When I went out there tonight I noticed four wheeler tracks along the outside of his fence and onto an old fire trail we use to get to our stands. I never thought I would see people out there.

Sent using Tapatalk

I would post it and make sure they know you saw them in there. Not that all people are out to get you, but you could be in the stand pulling up on a buck and one of those yahoos will come screaming through on a wheeler.

It was dark when I got out there so I didn't see any signs that they had found my trail off the main one and I didn't see the pictures until I got home. Rifle season starts in 8 days and I'll be in my stand that morning. Hopefully they don't come over there.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Goldfish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Sent using Tapatalk

Put a sign up right at the spot they're coming in. And then a sign below it saying "This means you ATV Guy!

sent from a phancy fone
Goldfish

Previous

Return to Big Game Hunting