Mule deer migrate

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

Mule deer migrate

Postby Goldfish » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:02 am

This is pretty interesting to me because I never would have guessed that and deer migrate. Just figured they had their area and they stayed put.
http://www.bowhunting.com/publisher/hunting-news/2014/4/24/the-great-mule-deer-migration-and-what-it-means-for-you
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Re: Mule deer migrate

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 am

I wish the deer here would migrate.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of things you easterners don't know about deer. You also don't know that you don't count both antlers, or eye guards.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:38 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of things you easterners don't know about deer. You also don't know that you don't count both antlers, or eye guards.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you! :beer:
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:18 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of things you easterners don't know about deer. You also don't know that you don't count both antlers, or eye guards.

You were dumb to assume I didn't know that mule deer migrated. I guess you just assumed it, even though I never said.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

You were dumb to assume I didn't know that mule deer migrated. I guess you just assumed it, even though I never said.

I guess you assumed I was talking to you, even though I never said it. That was pretty dumb on your part.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:49 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I guess you assumed I was talking to you, even though I never said it. That was pretty dumb on your part.

I'm the only Eastern that replied. Backpeddle
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Yes because obviously the OP didn't say that he didn't know that mule deer migrated.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:01 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Yes because obviously the OP didn't say that he didn't know that mule deer migrated.

He's not an Easterner....
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:12 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

He's not an Easterner....[/quote]
Compared to us he is.
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby RonE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:14 pm

They have a Dumbbell habitat, a large area for winter, a narrow migration band and a large area for summer range.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:[quote="ducks~n~bucks"]Yeah, there's a lot of things you easterners don't know about deer. You also don't know that you don't count both antlers, or eye guards.

Compared to us he is.[/quote]

Touche. That makes Rex an easterner too.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:[quote="Eric Haynes"][quote="ducks~n~bucks"]Yeah, there's a lot of things you easterners don't know about deer. You also don't know that you don't count both antlers, or eye guards.

Compared to us he is.[/quote]

Touche. That makes Rex an easterner too.[/quote]

My deer don't migrate. They walk around some. Then hide in the bushes again.
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby assateague » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 pm

"Migrate" is relative. How do we know ducks don't live down here, and "migrate" north for the summer, then "reverse migrate" back home in the winter?
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:23 pm

assateague wrote:"Migrate" is relative. How do we know ducks don't live down here, and "migrate" north for the summer, then "reverse migrate" back home in the winter?

I just migrated off the toilet. I will probably migrate back tomorrow.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:32 pm

assateague wrote:"Migrate" is relative. How do we know ducks don't live down here, and "migrate" north for the summer, then "reverse migrate" back home in the winter?

Because they have their young up north and everybody knows you "are from" where you're born.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Tiler_J » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:35 pm

Did you just use the word "migrate", two times, to define migrate?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby Goldfish » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:58 am

Tiler_J wrote:

That's how you explain things these days, by using the word in it's definition
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby Tiler_J » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:02 am

Goldfish wrote:
Tiler_J wrote:

That's how you explain things these days, by using the word in it's definition

Well then, thank you for defining the definition of definition for me.

Did I do that right?
Joel Smithjensen
FIREBALL Prostaff
Tiler_J

Postby assateague » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Tiler_J wrote:

I'll use it three times, next time.
assateague

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

WHen I say easterner I am thinking NoDak, SoDak, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and East of there.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:03 pm

ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

WHen I say easterner I am thinking NoDak, SoDak, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and East of there.

Oh, so you are renaming the Midwest and such. Cool
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
ducks~n~bucks wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Oh, so you are renaming the Midwest and such. Cool

For fucks sake.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:05 pm

"Easterner" is relative, like migration.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:10 pm

3legged_lab wrote:"Easterner" is relative, like migration.

The Westerners all migrated from the East.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Except the injuns
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 pm

3legged_lab wrote:Except the injuns

They just walked around in circles after drinking the firewater.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 pm

capt1972 wrote:

They just migrate around in circles after drinking the firewater.

Fify
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Goldfish » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:27 am

3legged_lab wrote:
capt1972 wrote:

They just migrate around in circles after drinking the firewater.

Fify

I do a lot of migrating
Goldfish

Postby assateague » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:45 am

I reverse migrated from the bed to the living room a little bit ago.
assateague

Next

Return to Big Game Hunting