Bears, it's a start

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

Bears, it's a start

Postby quackhead » Tue May 20, 2014 10:44 am

Got a little action started
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
quackhead

Re: Bears, it's a start

Postby quackhead » Tue May 20, 2014 10:54 am

More
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 pm

That looks like two different bears. Is that on the hill or one of John's?
QH's Paw

Postby 3legged_lab » Wed May 21, 2014 12:27 am

QH's Paw wrote:That looks like two different bears. Is that on the hill or one of John's?

First one looks like it might be a color phase bear. That or just different lighting on the ir mode.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed May 21, 2014 12:49 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400651358.265463.jpg
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby QH's Paw » Wed May 21, 2014 6:40 am

3legged_lab wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:That looks like two different bears. Is that on the hill or one of John's?

First one looks like it might be a color phase bear. That or just different lighting on the ir mode.

I agree the first is definitely a color phase bear or, at least that's what it looks like to me too. The very last pic almost looks like it might be a third bear but, I can't say for sure.

I wonder if his tag is good for Boot in a bear suit? :o :shock:
QH's Paw

Postby quackhead » Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 am

I'm guessing that it might be the blonde that's been there a couple years now. 2 bears I think.
It's my second bait
quackhead

Postby QH's Paw » Wed May 21, 2014 6:16 pm

quackhead wrote:I'm guessing that it might be the blonde that's been there a couple years now. 2 bears I think.
It's my second bait

They're hitting it earlier this year. Hopefully, all the traffic on Memorial weekend doesn't blow them back up the hill or across the creek.
QH's Paw

Postby AKPirate » Wed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm

QH's Paw wrote:
quackhead wrote:I'm guessing that it might be the blonde that's been there a couple years now. 2 bears I think.
It's my second bait

They're hitting it earlier this year. Hopefully, all the traffic on Memorial weekend doesn't blow them back up the hill or across the creek.

If Quack is feeding them then they will be back
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 pm

If you build it, they will come
quackhead

Postby R. Chapman » Wed May 21, 2014 10:22 pm

I had to skin a black bear once. Will never skin one again. Had to have been an 1" thick of fat under the hide. It was all slimy and greasy. Didn't taste very good either.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby quackhead » Mon May 26, 2014 9:41 am

another bait is hit now
quackhead

Postby quackhead » Mon May 26, 2014 12:20 pm

last nights bear
quackhead

Postby bill herian » Tue May 27, 2014 5:15 pm

R. Chapman wrote:I had to skin a black bear once. Will never skin one again. Had to have been an 1" thick of fat under the hide. It was all slimy and greasy. Didn't taste very good either.

Better than getting eaten by one.

We have better butchers in WI than MT, I've had lots of great bear. Both homemade and stuff from the processor.

Even so, I hope when my time comes I shoot a small one. :lol:
bill herian

Postby R. Chapman » Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

bill herian wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:I had to skin a black bear once. Will never skin one again. Had to have been an 1" thick of fat under the hide. It was all slimy and greasy. Didn't taste very good either.

Better than getting eaten by one.

We have better butchers in WI than MT, I've had lots of great bear. Both homemade and stuff from the processor.

Even so, I hope when my time comes I shoot a small one. :lol:

Cool animal but something I don't like helping do the dirty work. Lot of people like hunting and eating them; I'm not one of them. They scare me, but not as bad as cougars. Tree cats are some sneaky animals.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby bill herian » Tue May 27, 2014 5:22 pm

They are a real pain in the ass to move. I can only imagine trying to get one off a damn mountain like quack.
bill herian

Postby ducks~n~bucks » Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm

The only good bear I've ever had was in peperoni sticks.
assateague wrote:Put that in your huff-n-puffer and smoke it, shootin' boy.
ducks~n~bucks

Postby R. Chapman » Wed May 28, 2014 11:20 am

Never did like bear. I know a few guys that eat tree cat loins. YUCK! :? Eaten a lot of other wild meats though that I absolutely love besides deer and elk. Moose and bison are my favorite after elk with billy's and sheep being a close second, pronghorn after that.
R. Chapman

Postby QH's Paw » Thu May 29, 2014 5:48 am

R. Chapman wrote:Never did like bear. I know a few guys that eat tree cat loins. YUCK! :? Eaten a lot of other wild meats though that I absolutely love besides deer and elk. Moose and bison are my favorite after elk with billy's and sheep being a close second, pronghorn after that.

I don't remember eating cougar ever but, most people that have compare it to pork.
I've ate plenty of bear and haven't ran across a bad one yet.
Rex, if you don't put pronghorn ahead of nearly every big game there is, you must not be handling it right.
Also, beings you're from Montana I'd think you wouldn't eat sheep, at least not as in table fare eating. :o
QH's Paw

Postby R. Chapman » Thu May 29, 2014 11:53 am

QH's Paw wrote:
R. Chapman wrote:Never did like bear. I know a few guys that eat tree cat loins. YUCK! :? Eaten a lot of other wild meats though that I absolutely love besides deer and elk. Moose and bison are my favorite after elk with billy's and sheep being a close second, pronghorn after that.

I don't remember eating cougar ever but, most people that have compare it to pork.
Rex, if you don't put pronghorn ahead of nearly every big game there is, you must not be handling it right.
Also, beings you're from Montana I'd think you wouldn't eat sheep, at least not as in table fare eating. :o

:lol: All those I listed are awesome, they are all close together but I could eat moose or bison everyday for the rest of my life. Also had caribou one time; that was pretty good.
R. Chapman

Postby Eric Haynes » Thu May 29, 2014 11:59 am

QH's Paw wrote:

I've had cougar a couple times. They were pretty damn wild to wrangle!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby quackhead » Thu May 29, 2014 8:33 pm

QH's Paw wrote:

Rex must be pretty flexible if he's eating the sheep! :)
quackhead

Postby jarbo03 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

quackhead wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

Rex must be pretty flexible if he's eating the sheep! :)

He is awful thin, and must be limber to slap that kind of leather! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby jarbo03 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:05 pm

QH's Paw wrote:

Yep. Doesn't get any better than goat. Bear is good, I find it better as a roast meat than a grilling meat. Tree cats are tasty also, had a loin and rump steak. I'd definitely eat it again.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Bootlipkiller » Fri May 30, 2014 12:57 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401429460.973019.jpg
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby GadwallGetter530 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:59 am

..........BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!
Who really runs the prison? The inmates or the guards?
GadwallGetter530

Postby 3legged_lab » Fri May 30, 2014 1:00 am

jarbo03 wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

Yep. Doesn't get any better than goat. Bear is good, I find it better as a roast meat than a grilling meat. Tree cats are tasty also, had a loin and rump steak. I'd definitely eat it again.

Eat what again?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby QH's Paw » Fri May 30, 2014 2:02 am

3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

Eat what again?

Pay a fuckin' tention JR he said rump roast.
QH's Paw

Postby R. Chapman » Fri May 30, 2014 11:25 am

Bootlipkiller wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401429460.973019.jpg

Damn it...
R. Chapman

Postby jarbo03 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:30 am

QH's Paw wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:

Eat what again?

Pay a fuckin' tention JR he said rump roast.

Mountain lion JR!!
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Next

Return to Big Game Hunting