He's on a roll!

Deer, Elk, Moose, Bears.... etc. Anything big game!

He's on a roll!

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Well, he did it again. My son has been having quite a year. On Friday, the last day of the deer season where he was hunting, he took down this buck.
It was definately meant to be, he either slept through his alarm or forgot to set it. His wife woke him up an hour after he was supposed to be at a friend's house with the horses and trailer.
Even with a late start, he got'er done at high noon.
Really nice 3pt with plenty of character at the bases.

He still has a cow elk tag but, with everything else he has shot and the antelope his wife shot this morning, he's running out of freezer space and fast.
QH's Paw

Re: He's on a roll!

Postby 3legged_lab » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Thats a dandy 3 point QH! Love the straight daggers, makes em look even taller.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 pm

He's a machine!
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby obxbufflehead » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:42 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Well, he did it again. My son has been having quite a year. On Friday, the last day of the deer season where he was hunting, he took down this buck.
It was definately meant to be, he either slept through his alarm or forgot to set it. His wife woke him up an hour after he was supposed to be at a friend's house with the horses and trailer.

He still has a cow elk tag but, with everything else he has shot and the antelope his wife shot this morning, he's running out of freezer space and fast.

Wouldn't that be a 6 point?
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:Well, he did it again. My son has been having quite a year. On Friday, the last day of the deer season where he was hunting, he took down this buck.

We live in the real west. We only count the best side and on deer we don't count eyeguards but, sometimes people mention them. If you count the points the way whitetail are counted it is probably a 9pt by those standards. There are at least 3 browtines that measure more than an inch.
We might call it a 3x3 sometimes too.
QH's Paw

Postby Redbeard » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 am

obxbufflehead wrote:

only on your side of the world
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby obxbufflehead » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 am

QH's Paw wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:

We live in the real west. We only count the best side and on deer we don't count eyeguards but, sometimes people mention them. If you count the points the way whitetail are counted it is probably a 9pt by those standards. There are at least 3 browtines that measure more than an inch.

Oh ok that's cool. Learned something new today.
MOhuntingGuy wrote:I bet they were home schooled and lack the necessary social skills in life to take a joke.
obxbufflehead

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:Wouldn't that be a 6 point?

We dont count points like rahtards out here.
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:51 am

Nope just to lazy to count both sides
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby obxbufflehead » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 am

jehler wrote:Nope just to lazy to count both sides

^^^^^^^this^^^^^
obxbufflehead

Postby assateague » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 am

3legged_lab wrote:

Really? So you drive a four cylinder truck, and buy beer in 3-packs? Must only have five fingers and five toes, too. :lol:
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 am

assateague wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:

Really? So you drive a four cylinder truck, and buy beer in 3-packs? Must only have five fingers and five toes, too. :lol:

Haha!
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Haha, no we just grow deer big enough that we dont have to over compensate and add up every point to make it sound like a big number.

3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 am

When I first saw the tines sticking up before I scrolled down I thought it was a whitetail. Pretty cool buck!
Bulldog0156

Postby Bulldog0156 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 am

3legged_lab wrote:Haha, no we just grow deer big enough that we dont have to over compensate and add up every point to make it sound like a big number.

Gotta love da yoopers!
Bulldog0156

Postby NaturalCamoFacePaint » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Man what a monster good for you !
Sven Fleischaker
redwing,mn
NaturalCamoFacePaint

Postby tucker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm

obxbufflehead wrote:
QH's Paw wrote:
obxbufflehead wrote:

Oh ok that's cool. Learned something new today.

I really don't have anything to add. I just wanted to quote the whole damned thread again, rather than just quoting the relevant parts.
tucker

Postby QH's Paw » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 am

He's still rollin', he shot another elk on Saturday.
That's my boy!
QH's Paw

Postby huntfishnv » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Sweet deer. Big 3's are pretty awesome and hard to find in muleys. Im jealous.
huntfishnv

Return to Big Game Hunting