Looking ahead

Looking ahead

Postby Ericdc » Sun May 01, 2022 1:17 pm

Well, after a 2020-2021 season where I experimented with a new farm and camp that did not work out to me liking, and a 2021-2022 season that saw me hunting with family and friends, which I'm very thankful for, without a spot of my own, I'm excited about the opportunity to get back on the farm I hunted from 2014 to 2020.

I probably shouldn't have left but the idea of rotating blinds didn't suit me well. Either way, I asked to be the first call if either group was to back out, and the group that hunted my pit the last 2 seasons have backed out so I got a good text a few weeks ago saying it was mine if I wanted it.

With the new friends I made and hunted with last year losing their farm do to a land sale, it has worked out that we will join together at my pit in Jones.

I rode up with them yesterday to show them around. It's very dry in morehouse parish right now, with lots of the heavier clay fields being worked and planted already, and the lighter soil fields already showing good stands of corn.

The pit only had about a foot of clear rainwater in it, which proves how dry of a winter and spring we've had so far.

I've missed that place a lot the last 2 years and am excited about being back "home" in my pit next to the boeuf river this fall.

I'm thinking about trying out the silhouette speck decoys this fall instead of fighting all my full body decoys after heavy rain and wind events.

The field will be in beans this year according to what the lease manager told me yesterday, so that means easy walking and shallow slick water, which I prefer.

Looking forward to creating more memories this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Re: Looking ahead

Postby Rick » Sun May 01, 2022 4:53 pm

Best of luck with it. Tough to find a spot to fit a full-body decoy between crawfish boats here, so maybe a silhouette...
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Sun May 01, 2022 5:45 pm

Good to see that. Looking forward to seeing your posts.
DComeaux

Postby Darren » Mon May 02, 2022 8:25 am

Good to hear! ARKY guys sure seem to be crushing specks on the silos, you're just about there anyway :lol:

Hope ol girl is good to you in the fall !
Darren

Postby Ericdc » Mon May 02, 2022 8:42 am

Darren wrote:Good to hear! ARKY guys sure seem to be crushing specks on the silos, you're just about there anyway :lol:

Hope ol girl is good to you in the fall !
They are definitely giving them an education that they weren't giving them 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby Deltaman » Mon May 02, 2022 9:45 am

Congrats on getting back to your old haunt Eric :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Mon May 02, 2022 11:53 am

I look forward to reading your logs on the old stomping grounds
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to Ericdc 2021-2022