Post Season

Re: Post Season

Postby PorkChop » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:55 pm

Just another scare tactic. We won’t see the sun but we will still have civil twilight which means it will be getting light before 9 o’clock in the morning. And if we have snow on the ground and it’s a full moon it will be even brighter! Much rather that than it getting dark before 5PM. I love the other part about it not mattering in Alaska because they are use to it like nobody else can get use to it.

I also like the part about is it worth the extra time in the evening. There’s no extra time there’s just extra light and if you have stuff to do outside then yes the extra light is definitely worth it!

1F29E964-243C-4FCE-B41D-D5F47F33498D.jpeg

BTW looking forward to watching your videos after Lent!
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
PorkChop

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:20 am

PorkChop wrote:Just another scare tactic. We won’t see the sun but we will still have civil twilight which means it will be getting light before 9 o’clock in the morning. And if we have snow on the ground and it’s a full moon it will be even brighter! Much rather that than it getting dark before 5PM. I love the other part about it not mattering in Alaska because they are use to it like nobody else can get use to it.

I also like the part about is it worth the extra time in the evening. There’s no extra time there’s just extra light and if you have stuff to do outside then yes the extra light is definitely worth it!

how do you feel about hunting at night and shooting your way off an NWR? :lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby PorkChop » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:32 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:
PorkChop wrote:Just another scare tactic. We won’t see the sun but we will still have civil twilight which means it will be getting light before 9 o’clock in the morning. And if we have snow on the ground and it’s a full moon it will be even brighter! Much rather that than it getting dark before 5PM. I love the other part about it not mattering in Alaska because they are use to it like nobody else can get use to it.

how do you feel about hunting at night and shooting your way off an NWR? :lol:

Haha
PorkChop

Postby Ericdc » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:52 pm

So had DST been made permanent, when is decision to be made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:29 pm

Ericdc wrote:So had DST been made permanent, when is decision to be made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of years if it passes.
DComeaux

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:31 pm

DComeaux

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:23 pm

We worked from 7:30 to 4:30 year round but in winter I was using a coleman lantern to pick up tools at quitting time.
Leave it alone. It worked for us.
It hurts remembering when I actually had a job.
Memories stirred...there are some thousand dollar bills out there with my name on them because ...getting paid aint always easy.
Steve Caps owes me for siding two houses and there's more.
Non-union trade work is almost unacceptable pay these days. I want ten chicken per hour.

Hey PC tell us a story about how the sun sets at 11pm or so. I only got to south dakota. You can fish almost all night without a light.
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:31 pm

Another one?
I took a guy from nodak hunting at big lake.
It sucked...poor guy.
Was Hawkeye from Minot AFB.
Doubt he has anything good to say.
We had a bad day with two flats at a time.
Ricky Spanish

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 am

Push forward to the 1:40 mark to avoid the music.

DComeaux

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:55 am

DComeaux wrote:Push forward to the 1:40 mark to avoid the music.

And I thought I've been jonesin'...
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:23 pm

Ducks is ducks, no matter where!!!!!! I bet the retrievers slept well after that hunt, and at least they had a hard bottom to walk on.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:29 pm

Deltaman wrote:Ducks is ducks, no matter where!!!!!! I bet the retrievers slept well after that hunt, and at least they had a hard bottom to walk on.

"Dog food must be Hella high in Pakistan."
:lol:
(Every single retriever owner)
Ricky Spanish

Postby DComeaux » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm

Deltaman wrote: at least they had a hard bottom to walk on.

That would be really nice.
DComeaux

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:15 pm

DComeaux wrote:
Deltaman wrote: at least they had a hard bottom to walk on.

That would be really nice.

Every rice field I've used had a nice hard bottom like that.
Couple years ago we used a corn field that had furrows like it was set up for cotton. Was hell. Pure hell.
You'd get stuck and stumble then trip on the next furrow.
Not getting wet took skill
Ricky Spanish

Postby Rick » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:14 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:Every rice field I've used had a nice hard bottom like that...

Video of Arkies driving pickups through flooded rice fields always leaves me shaking my head. Must be sweet.
Rick

Postby Ricky Spanish » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:07 am

Rick wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:Every rice field I've used had a nice hard bottom like that...

Video of Arkies driving pickups through flooded rice fields always leaves me shaking my head. Must be sweet.

I know... once I got blocked in. Sat there for two hours waiting fir someone to move their truck .
Was trying to do the r8ght thing but word came that I was stuck til tomorrow.
Thats when it hit me.
I'm I duck hunter, have waders and 100 feet of tow straps so I put on the waders and walked into the field.
Took me about a minute to realize that it had a hard bottom so I just drove thru the corner of that field and split. The guys thought I was houdini until I pointed it out that we all can just drive around in that field.
Farmer got over it.

I've seen trucks stuck in fields too. It's always some kids.
The best trick I know is to hit a certain sloppy lane by Egypt. Load the bed with 4 gunners then fill the bed with snow geese. One pass thru that lane will do it.

That reminds me....
If you head straight west from Egypt you fun into this little place called shirey bay. It's Rainey brake on the wrong side of the river. Search hard around there and there is a ghost town/ trailer park community.
They say it was a pretty nice place until the fire.
:lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby DComeaux » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:01 pm

DComeaux

Previous

Return to DComeaux 2022-2023