New Pup Chronicles

New Pup Chronicles

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:17 am

June is now 8 months old and a professional mischief maker around the house. Nothing plastic or shoe related is safe in the back yard.

She seems to be showing good drive. Loves fetch.
Basic obedience is rounding into form. She’s a stubborn little Ahole, so that’s taken some time. We just started force fetch on the tailgate this week. Her swimming technique leaves a lot to be desired until she gets a bumper in her mouth, then she levels out and gets it in forward gear. Lots of splashing and having her body too vertical before then.

Pointing the inlaw’s chickens.

Harassing my wife’s dog

Overseeing new bilge pump switch installation.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Re: New Pup Chronicles

Postby Rick » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:40 am

Just livin' the life.
Rick

Postby Deltaman » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:11 am

Good-Lookin' pup!!!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Duck Engr » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Thanks deltaman! Hope she pans out afield this fall. I’ve had my doubts along the way, but I suppose that’s the way it goes with new understudies.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:12 am

June is now 10 months and some change old, and is slowly showing signs of figuring things out. I had read this breed is quick to understand but slow to train and I get that now. She has caused the death of two whistles already from me biting through them when I know she knows better but is still too young to care. She requires a much firmer hand than my lab did.

At any rate, she’s figured the swimming stroke out and is fairly steady to shot. Made a daylight arrival at the farm with her this morning to 64 degrees and a beautiful day. She had a little extra pep in her step with the temp and humidity reprieve. Starting to work her on some short lining drills and will get into “baseball” here shortly. As we were wrapping up our session I looked up to see my dad coming down the driveway to take advantage of the cool down and run his dogs a few minutes too. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. His dog Ruger actually found a lost single during his morning run.

Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 am

!2:00.
Rick

Postby Duck Engr » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:38 am

Still has a little sickle in it from his Elhew bloodlines but pretty darn close.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Forgive my ignorance but GWP or Drat ? Regardless a good looking dog with a great beard. I'm sure she is going to do really well for you. I miss hunting with a dog. It added so much to the sport.
don novicki

Postby Duck Engr » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:08 pm

I tell folks who don’t know that she’s a GWP, but she has the draht tattoo and paperwork. I, however, did not have interest in doing all of the testing required to allow me to breed her as a draht.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Return to Duck Engr 2023-2024