geese

Moderator: don novicki

geese

Postby don novicki » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:27 am

Plenty of young geese around so far. Looking forward to getting out and enjoying the season. Finally both of my shoulders are feeling better and I have much more mobility than I have had in the last 2 years. I gotta sell that mountain bike, cuz I can't afford another accident.
don novicki

Re: geese

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:35 am

don novicki wrote:Plenty of young geese around so far. Looking forward to getting out and enjoying the season. Finally both of my shoulders are feeling better and I have much more mobility than I have had in the last 2 years. I gotta sell that mountain bike, cuz I can't afford another accident.

We did that.
My epic crash ....I broke my glasses. lol
There was this dip meant for getting air and I got mean air.
Landed on the front fork which had springs.
I bounced and then the back springs made me do another bounce onto the front fork.
I went over the front and the bike landed on me.
Everybody was wiping out that day but I won the style contest. :lol:
Ricky Spanish

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:56 am

Oh...and there are voo coo goslings this spring in the city.
They're sleeping in people's back yards and making more babies.
If you need some good goose shit this is the spot.
Screenshot_20230616_065900_Maps.jpg

Easy access it's right down town.
Nearby eateries. You can eat your lunch while sitting in goose shit.
:lol:
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Ricky Spanish

Postby don novicki » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:40 pm

If it's not one thing it's another. Tested positive for covid again and really have it bad. I started Paxlovid so hopefully I'll feel better in a few days. Ruining my workout schedule.
don novicki

Postby Duck Engr » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:22 pm

Hate to hear that Don. Hope you kick it quick! Glass half full side to that is you got it during the summer and not during hunting season. Ive had it 3 times. All 3 times right in the middle of our season.
Duck Engr
WFF Administrator

Postby don novicki » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:43 am

Thanks DE. I am starting to feel slightly better after taking the Paxlovid, and as you said, better now than during the season. :thumbsup:
don novicki

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:56 pm

I had it but wasn't tested. Just felt puny.
I left and went to big lake and a day later she got tested and then I got a message saying I'd probably had beer bug last week so no drinkin'.
I think I got it again this spring and I thought I was going to die..I'd get all covered up n cozy then sweat like a pig and soak the sheets, wake up freezing, wrap up in towels and do it all again.
I ain't going to no doctor. They have licenses issued by the same govt that wants "us Maga people" dead.
They prescribe drugs approved by the same govt.
I will probably die from avian influenza.
Beer bug....pffft
Ricky Spanish

Postby don novicki » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:55 am

Not seeing too many geese around right now but I'm sure that will change. Another hunting field has been lost to development so one of my historically good producing fields is gone. Hoping that we do not have to suffer a prolonged SW wind this season like last year. Regardless anticipation is high, and I am looking forward to getting out as many days as the weather allows this season.
don novicki

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:26 am

Might still be molting. Know our residents were still shedding enough breast feathers and down the past couple weeks that the lakeside is littered with them. Primaries look filled out when they stretch, but haven't seen one fly in quite a while.
Rick

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:46 pm

Rick wrote:Might still be molting. Know our residents were still shedding enough breast feathers and down the past couple weeks that the lakeside is littered with them. Primaries look filled out when they stretch, but haven't seen one fly in quite a while.

And having just written that, a mess of them flew off the lake to greet me on this morning's pass - and preen more loose feathers to add to their litter. Looking like a cotton field.
Rick

Return to Don Novicki 2023-2024