No votes
Leuopold
50%
Other
13%

Total votes : 16

Rifle Scop

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Looking for a new scope for my old 30-06. Would like to stay around $200 but would go to $300 if it's worth it. List the model and retacle in a post
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Rifle Scop

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

For that price range a Leupold Vari-X1 or 2, 3x9x50.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Looking for a new scope for my old 30-06. Would like to stay around $200 but would go to $300 if it's worth it. List the model and retacle in a post

Nikin prostaff. Best $200 scope out there

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:Looking for a new scope for my old 30-06. Would like to stay around $200 but would go to $300 if it's worth it. List the model and retacle in a post

That's always been my thought but the Burris have always seemed good as well. But I'm no scope genious
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

That's always been my thought but the Burris have always seemed good as well. But I'm no scope genious

I have a Burris, but not as nice as the prostaff

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:32 pm

The difference in leupold vs those 2 brands, is that the luepold gathers more light in darker situations.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

rebelp74 wrote:The difference in leupold vs those 2 brands, is that the luepold gathers more light in darker situations.

Leluepold is also double the price. Luepold will always be my favorite, but for two bills...im going nikon

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:The difference in leupold vs those 2 brands, is that the luepold gathers more light in darker situations.

Leluepold is also double the price. Luepold will always be my favorite, but for two bills...im going nikon

You can a vari x 1 or 2 pretty cheap. Have you tried swarovski scope? Those things are legit. I was always a leupold guy until, my dad turned me on to em.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:44 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

You can a vari x 1 or 2 pretty cheap. Have you tried swarovski scope? Those things are legit. I was always a leupold guy until, my dad turned me on to em.

If im going luepold, im going top. My nikon is actually better at duck than my luepold, but the luepold has the clarity over distance

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:48 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Whoa pump the brakes there champ. We just quadrupled in price at least :lol:
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Flightstopper wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Whoa pump the brakes there champ. We just quadrupled in price at least :lol:

Id be suprised if anyone recommends anything besides the prostaff

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby capt1972 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm

prostaff FTW
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Tree of Liberty Must be Refreshed From Time to Time With the BLOOD OF TYRANTS
capt1972
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

x1,000,000. Far better scope than my Leupold.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Like where this is heading. Thanks fellas
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

If im going luepold, im going top. My nikon is actually better at duck than my luepold, but the luepold has the clarity over distance

Again, x1,000,000. My Nikon is a far better scope at duck than my Leupold. In bright, clear light, the Leupold is better. But that's it. Overcast, low-light, woods, anywhere, the Nikon is a far better scope.
assateague

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Again, x1,000,000. My Nikon is a far better scope at duck than my Leupold. In bright, clear light, the Leupold is better. But that's it. Overcast, low-light, woods, anywhere, the Nikon is a far better scope.

Really, what kind of leupold do you have?
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby assateague » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:41 pm

VX-2 with a standard reticle. It's no better than an old Simmons I used to have. I'm telling you, that Nikon Prostaff is crystal clear in any conditions, and gives me at least an extra 20 minutes past legal shooting time.
assateague

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

The buckmaster worth the extra coin over prostaff. All I can find is the parallax focus is what sets it apart. Is that even needed at 300 yard tops shots?
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

My Nikon is a far better scope at duck than my Leupold.

No rifles for duck shooting. That's only allowed at the carnival.
sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm

assateague wrote:VX-2 with a standard reticle. It's no better than an old Simmons I used to have. I'm telling you, that Nikon Prostaff is crystal clear in any conditions, and gives me at least an extra 20 minutes past legal shooting time.

I like your style:grin:

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Leupold all day errr day. Better all around than a Nikon.
"There's something about sitting in a duck blind by the lake, staring zen like at the sky hour after after, then blasting one of Gods creatures out of the air. Man that is a great time." - Anthony Bourdain
MOhuntingGuy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 am

MOhuntingGuy wrote:Leupold all day errr day. Better all around than a Nikon.

The question was for a $200 or less scope. So me a cheaper than $200 luepold that is better than a nikon.....you won't.

Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jehler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:18 am

200$ scope on a 30-06?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 am

jehler wrote:200$ scope on a 30-06?

You should see what's there now! :lol: I know chump budget but all I do is bust management does at the farm. Don't need a night force for that
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:02 am

Selling a ruger LCP and hoping for new scope bases and rings on the return.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359982924.669369.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 pm

Flightstopper wrote:The buckmaster worth the extra coin over prostaff. All I can find is the parallax focus is what sets it apart. Is that even needed at 300 yard tops shots?

It helps if you're trying to shoot a 1/4" group at 300, but if your shooting game, hell no! A lot of times what happens when people buy scopes with side parallax adjustment, and its marked 300 that its right at 300, wrong! You fiddle with that parallax knob til those hairs don't move at all when you move your head from side to side.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby one2many » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 am

R. Chapman wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:The buckmaster worth the extra coin over prostaff. All I can find is the parallax focus is what sets it apart. Is that even needed at 300 yard tops shots?

It helps if you're trying to shoot a 1/4" group at 300, but if your shooting game, hell no! A lot of times what happens when people buy scopes with side parallax adjustment, and its marked 300 that its right at 300, wrong! You fiddle with that parallax knob til those hairs don't move at all when you move your head from side to side.

holy shit you are a clay bird stud and you shoot .25" groups at 300 yards. man color me impressed
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby one2many » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:59 am

for 200 and under i would get the Nikon
No helicopter looking for a murder
Two in the mornin got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Jeffys a pimp"
one2many

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:39 am

I know this is a really old thread, but I put a Vortex 2x7 on my .35 Rem this summer, pretty impressed for a $175.

And it has a transferable, lifetime, no-questions asked warranty.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Tomkat » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:19 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:Leupold all day errr day. Better all around than a Nikon.

The question was for a $200 or less scope. So me a cheaper than $200 luepold that is better than a nikon.....you won't.

Yes u will. Its calked Redfield

Blog- http://www.ksducks.com
Tomkat

Next

Return to Rifle Forum